PEAX Equipment

Words of Wisdom from our last great Pres

ELKCHSR

You don't realize how much you miss him, until you read and remember some of the stuff he said and stood for, if a couple of you are still curios as to how I believe, read below:

"Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose.” -
Ronald Reagan

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.” -
Ronald Reagan

“The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so.” -
Ronald Reagan

"Of the four wars in my lifetime none came about because the U.S. was too strong." -
Ronald Reagan

"I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress.” -
Ronald Reagan

"The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.” -
Ronald Reagan

"Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.” -
Ronald Reagan

"The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program." -
Ronald Reagan

"I’ve laid down the law, though, to everyone, from now on anything that happens: no matter what time it is, wake me, even if it’s in the middle of a Cabinet meeting.” -
Ronald Reagan

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.” -
Ronald Reagan

"Government’s view of the economy could b e summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." -
Ronald Reagan

"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book.” -
Ronald Reagan

"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. -
Ronald Reagan

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." -
Ronald Reagan

George Bush
We need an energy bill that encourages consumption.

George Bush
When Iraq is liberated, you will be treated, tried, and persecuted as a war criminal.

George Bush
Sometimes, Washington is one of these towns where the person - people who think they've got the sharp elbow is the most effective person.

George Bush
I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here.

George Bush
I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right.

George Bush
For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it.

George Bush
It's very important for folks to understand that when there's more trade, there's more commerce.

George Bush
You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.

George Bush
Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment.

George Bush
Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods.

George Bush
For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it.

Isn't this what the Civilian Marksmanship Program is all about? ;)

More hilarity....

....from slick Willie Jeff, used car salesman to the enlightened.

"African-Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do."
President Clinton on Black Entertainment Television, November 2, 1994

"I can tell you that the decisions we made, we made because we thought they were in the interests of the American people,"--Bill Clinton, on being asked why he signed waivers, against the Pentagon's protest, to sell Loral missile guidance systems technology to Communist China, enabling China for the first time to launch nuclear weapons.
(May 18, 1998 edition of the Washington Times, front page)

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans to legitimately own handguns and rifles"
March 1, 1993, Remarks by the President In Discussion With National Service Volunteers, Learning Center New Brunswick, New Jersey

Bill Clinton, January 27, 1992, speaking about the allegations that he had a 12 year affair with Gennifer Flowers..."They've been exposed as the trash they are"
Arkansas Gazette
January 1998, Bill Clinton admits under oath in the Paula Jones deposition that he had an affair with Gennifer Flowers

"t depends on how you define "alone" ... there were a lot of times when we were alone, but I never really thought we were."

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is"
- excerpts from Bill Clinton's grand jury testimony

...and the winner is...

"The other thing we have to do is to take seriously the role in this problem of...older men who prey on underage women...There are consequences to decisions and...one way or the other, people always wind up being held accountable." Bill Clinton, June 13, 1996, in a speech endorsing a national effort against teen pregnancy.

LOL Tyler...

How is that a "good counter point"

It's just points by a different president... :)

Good find Ken... :D

Well, I'd say the counter point was one showed 'good' quotes from a Rep. POTUS and the other showed 'less-than-good' quotes from a Rep. POTUS...

Admit it, millers post was funny.

Reagan worship...theres a religion for the weak minded.

Dude, your Narcissistic personality disorder is gonna give you an ulcer.
ohboy.gif

The president was giving a speech in Berlin in May, 1998, commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Airlift, which kept the city afloat in 1948-49 when Stalin attempted to starve it into submission. Clinton chose to give special recognition to then-Lt. Gail Halvorsen of Provo, Utah, who had dropped packages of candy for Berlin's children from his aircraft as he landed with supplies at Templehoff Airport.
"She is here with us today," the president declared, speaking of Halvorsen. "I'd like to ask her to stand."

Gail Halvorsen then stood up - Mr. Gail Halvorsen, a 77-year old grandfather.

"Thank you, Sir, " said Clinton.

(source for quote: The New York Post, May 15, 1998)

Back