Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Woodworking Hunt Talkers?

Oak Morris chair & ottomanranch etc early 357.jpgMaple Tableranch etc early 362.jpgThis cabin I had for years was built by another Park Ranger in 1955 & we restored it & added clear fir floors. I milled a lot of redwood siding to repair bear damage.ranch etc early 378.jpg

Last edited:
I do a little woodworking.

Shooting line box. This is about the 3rd or fourth one. It took that many to figure out the best design.
Line%20box%20on%20stump%20A.jpg

Line%20Box%20open.JPG

This is an early cartridge box that holds 165 rounds of .45-100 or shorter. I build better ones now, but this was the first one.
First%20version%20PPB%2045-90%20cartridge%20box.jpg

I like to do stock and gun building work as well. This is my first muzzleloader. Not a very good picture but it has killed more deer than any other rifle I own.
My%20first%20deer%20of%202002-03%20season%20in%20my%20backyard.jpg

2011%20Antelope%20doe%20and%20flinter.jpg

I build tables and cabinets occasionally as well. I am fortunate to own enough walnut and cherry to keep me in lumber for the price of a bit of bandsawing. About $0.30/board ft last time I had some sawn.

Last edited:
I enjoy turning dead trees into useful projects and am fortunate to own a small portable sawmill and timber property. Some of the fruits of my labor......

Lodgepole and slate sheep pedestal mount stand.

20181206_065000.jpg

Resawn fir from salvaged bridge decking.

20181206_065430.jpg

Standing dead Douglas fir barn door

20181206_085232.jpg

Reclaimed fence boards.

20181206_085135.jpg

Beautiful work Folks!!
Love he craftsman entry Rancho!
I gotta scan some pics someday of my work,most are on film & or poleroid of my jobs.
Did build some post & beam homes in Topanga/Malibu area during late 70's with reclaimed beams from the old Venice Pier. Found out last week 4 burned to ground.

Last edited:
Before I became a drain on society, I built oak and ash cabinetry and furniture for living. I also used to split 6 cords of firewood every winter with a maul. So I have tired of serious woodworking:D.
Now my woodworking is confined to non industrial tools, no backwork, and my garage. Small simple stuff like bases for all our Europeans and tying stations for my wife's expert skills.......
DSCN0800.jpg
DSCN0802.jpg

Beautiful work Folks!!
Love he craftsman entry Rancho!
I gotta scan some pics someday of my work,most are on film & or poleroid of my jobs.
Did build some post & beam homes in Topanga/Malibu area during late 70's with reclaimed beams from the old Venice Pier. Found out last week 4 burned to ground.

I'm sure I've lost some past work up there too. I wish I had more pics to post, but NDA's are a bitch.

Back