Wondering??

Derek44

I’m just curious, I have a pair of Crispi Summit that have been a godsend to my feet. They are a semi synthetic with gore-Tex lightweight hiker that I have used as my daily footwear since purchasing. The Sole is worn almost bald and starting to peel on one corner. The rest of the boot is immaculate. Sorry…..

Long question shorter….

Can you resole a lightweight semi synthetic hiker or am I just buying new boots?

I’m sure you can but it’s often cheaper just to get new ones.
Actually, rebuilding boots is significantly cheaper in most cases. Especially just resoling. Not to mention the lack of break in period. Both you gentlemen could be very correct though and I appreciate the feedback.

Question still stands though…. Can a semi synthetic lightweight boot be resoled?

Looks like avg. 350 bucks to buy new

I don't see anything on their website about resoling any of their boots, glue it, maybe a little tack or something, use those for every day till they die and break in a new pair just for hunting. Once the ones you have now die make the new ones your every day and grab a new pair just for hunting when they're on sale, then you'll always have a backup, and a nice fresh pair to hunt in.

I don't see anything on their website about resoling any of their boots, glue it, maybe a little tack or something, use those for every day till they die and break in a new pair just for hunting. Once the ones you have now die make the new ones your every day and grab a new pair just for hunting when they're on sale, then you'll always have a backup, and a nice fresh pair to hunt in.
Yeah. I looked. There’s a place in UT that says they’ll do it for $95 but that’s on full leather. Looks like I’m buying boots. Lol. That is actually a good rotation plan. Thanks. Now to just offload my Firstlite gear so I can upsize. 🤦🏻‍♂️. Hahaha.

Actually, rebuilding boots is significantly cheaper in most cases. Especially just resoling. Not to mention the lack of break in period. Both you gentlemen could be very correct though and I appreciate the feedback.

Question still stands though…. Can a semi synthetic lightweight boot be resoled?

Looks like avg. 350 bucks to buy new
You brought up a good point, I did not think about the break in situation. Around here the problem would be finding someone to do it.

Yeah. I looked. There’s a place in UT that says they’ll do it for $95 but that’s on full leather. Looks like I’m buying boots. Lol. That is actually a good rotation plan. Thanks. Now to just offload my Firstlite gear so I can upsize. 🤦🏻‍♂️. Hahaha.
Break in your new boots real good and your FL will fit again!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back