Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wonder Lead

802flyfish

Has anyone used a wonder lead with good success ? Was hoping to get some feedback.

On my first go round really training a dog and there probably more you could get out of it but I really like the wonder lead. I've been using one with my pup and it has been a great training aid. It is how we start our training sessions, She likes it because she knows fun follows. I put the wonder lead on and we walk the training area however I see fit until she completes a whole lap or loops at heel with whoas and stops and when I can make sure she is checking in on how I'm walking then ill switch over to our regular lead on her collar and do the same. After that we go off lead and do some retrieve and search drills.

I also use it to introduce her to high distraction areas such as walking past the barn and cats or walking through the sheep pasture so that she knows right away she needs to be under control and doesnt get spun up.

I had her out first her first waterfowl hunt this last weekend and had her on lead at all times except for retrieves she was honestly a pleasure to walk with all day.

A different perspective:
I train labs and skijor with them. So I teach heeling without a leash or collar.
I teach 2-sided and backwards heeling during each feeding session.
They are highly motivated then and its only 2-minutes twice a day.
I also teach a silent-auto sit which I find especially useful for no-leash late-season jump shooting spring creeks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back