Wolves near Helena, MT

RidgeRoamingRichard

Hey fellow MT hunters. Anyone hunt wolves near Helena or want to? I have hunting buddies, but none that want to go howl in the cold at 4am (go figure). I have been scouting around Montana City and have heard they could be north of Helena, but have yet to find them around my new town. Let me know if you would like to walk your rifle with me!

Hey fellow MT hunters. Anyone hunt wolves near Helena or want to? I have hunting buddies, but none that want to go howl in the cold at 4am (go figure). I have been scouting around Montana City and have heard they could be north of Helena, but have yet to find them around my new town. Let me know if you would like to walk your rifle with me!

Silly question, you don’t need anyone to go with you everyone knows there is a wolf behind every tree.

J/k

welcome to Hunttalk. I shot one by howling during elk season. Real lucky and probably will never happen again.

Last edited:
Silly question, you don’t need anyone to go with you everyone knows there is a wolf behind every tree.

J/k

welcome to Hunttalk. I shot one by howling during elk season. Real lucky and probably will never happen again.
I've been doing it for awhile with no luck, and I'm no less excited to go now than I was then! Something about that slim possibility makes me keeping going back out.

Hope you get out there and enjoy the wolf experience with a partner or not.
For myself, it's been an intense experience thus far and it seems I'm getting close-r even though I'm likely still far away from cracking a wolf.

Anyhow, best to your hunt!

Look forward to reading of your treks.

Been wanting to do a wolf hunt in Montana.I am interested if you're still looking.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back