Wolves attack dog near Duluth

I would literally tell every single person I know if I shot a wolf in defense of a domestic dog. If I still drank heavily, I bet I’d tell the story 10 times every weekend.
Spend time in the bars in the area and you will hear plenty of guys that say they do. I dont count that as reliable information. They are the same guys that "saw a pack of 30 just the other day".

...For what it's worth here are the potential penalties for protecting your pet.

The maximum penalty for killing a wolf in Minnesota is six months in prison and a $25,000 fine.
In Wisconsin, the maximum penalty is one year in prison and a $100,000 fine.
That take into account the federal criminal time / fines? If I recall wolves in your neck of the woods are still ESA protected? (As craptacular as that can be imagined).

Spend time in the bars in the area and you will hear plenty of guys that say they do. I dont count that as reliable information. They are the same guys that "saw a pack of 30 just the other day".

Yeaaaahh I heard it all in my drinking daze. My favorite is “there’s two sets of wolf tracks for every set of deer tracks”

Brent,
When a wolf is killed, the loudest screams come from those who push $$$ into the wolf lovin' coffers. The, "Center For Biological Diversity", whom is a proud recipient of money raised from the sale of Patagonia clothing, among several other judicial obstructionist extreme environmentalist groups.
If you believe for one second that those crazed anti ESA groups are not attributable to the state restrictions along with the federal Judicial injunctions, etc... Then we are at an impasse.
Your opinion, my opinion. Cheers to forum posting.

They may scream all they want. They can't throw me in jail or fine me tens of thousands of dollars. Or anything else but scream. WHERE is the law that says I cannot shoot a wolf off of my dog?

All the concern over wolves is so overblown, it's ridiculous. Wolves aren't angels, but they are not 1% of the devils that so many people on hunting forums paint them to be.

I dont give a crap about this but since Brent only knows how to use a computer to argue and not research.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190528-073306_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190528-073306_Chrome.jpg
    514.5 KB · Views: 10
They may scream all they want. They can't throw me in jail or fine me tens of thousands of dollars. Or anything else but scream. WHERE is the law that says I cannot shoot a wolf off of my dog?

All the concern over wolves is so overblown, it's ridiculous. Wolves aren't angels, but they are not 1% of the devils that so many people on hunting forums paint them to be.

(2) Prohibitions. The following prohibitions apply to the gray wolf in Minnesota.(i) Taking. Except as provided in this paragraph (d)(2)(i) of this section, no person may take a gray wolf in Minnesota.(A) Any person may take a gray wolf in Minnesota in defense of his own life or the lives of others.

I dont give a crap about this but since Brent only knows how to use a computer to argue and not research.
Even if you don’t get thrown in jail you will lose a boatload of $ fighting the lawsuits from shooting a wolf off of your dog.

There was a guy in Washington state that killed a grizzly a while back in self defense. The court found out that it was a legal defense kill and he did not receive a punishment. BUT he lost his house and many assets just due to the legal fees fighting it. So even though he didn’t go to jail, he still lost big time.

Of course, as would I. But to say that nothing will happen if you do may be true in Wyoming, but likely not in places like Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, etc

I'll take my chances in any of those states, but especially Minnesota.

I would shoot a wolf in any situation. Fu,, the goverment. People need to get that attitude. Wolves are taking over and Hunters are turning into pussies to the left.................BOB!

Welcome to Az. now GO HOME!!!
Oh YEA and another forum... 😎

Europe you are correct.Wolves are doing well in Az. and N.M.
a couple of good Packs in each state.They tend to pray on the Cattle rather
than native species.AZGF has been great at keeping wolf packs at a constant
level,Adults to pup ratios are kept at a constant level for game management purposes.
Ranchers aren't very happy,but they're the ones renting the land.
I eat cows too. :cool:

It is interesting how different areas and cultures view the wolf ( and bear ) We not only have the right to shoot a wolf ( or bear ) if they attack one of our dogs, but we even get compensated for doing so., under certain conditions. A good sled dogs can be expensive ( actually a lot of breeds are expensive these days ) but even a mutt can be loved just as much as an expensive dog. The short answer is yes we can and do protect our dogs and people form wolves and bears and are allowed to do so legally. I am just posting this for information only and I do not want to nor am I trying to engage in an argument of many kind.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back