Wolves and Wyoming

BuzzH

I read an interesting article in todays Casper News paper about the wolf "plan" in WY, thought I'd pass on the guts of the article.

WY is still trying to classify wolves as big-game and predators. So, on that front, I guess nothing has changed, expect wolves to remain on the list until WY pulls its head out.

Another interesting part was on the comment period on Wyomings wolf plan which ended Dec. 12. They received 6623 total comments. Of those 6000 were from out-of-state, 623 from residents of WY. A vast majority of the out-of-staters oppose the dual classification and the over-all wolf plan. The Residents of WY were 50-50 on the dual classification and the plan.

This tells me a couple things: 1. Wyoming residents spend more time bitching to each other about wolves then actually take the time to comment. 2. A majority is opposed to the WY wolf plan 3. 623 comments from a state with 500,000 is pretty pathetic 4. 499,377 WY residents dont have the right to complain about a damn thing with regard to the wolf.

If WY stays on its current course, wolves wont be delisted, so get used to more and more of them.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-22-2003 14:17: Message edited by: BuzzH ]</font>

Yup! The ranchers and their politicians in WY have no one to blame but themselves for the mess they've created. They're going to have to learn this lesson the real hard way!

Problem is, their stupidity is affecting Idaho and Montana too. I'm in a hurry to start the delisting process.

For all the thousands of words spent bitchin' about wolves on this board, I bet not one of the whiners sent a comment to WY on the wolf plan.

And the 50/50 split on the plan from WY residents reflects what the polls show. We have a few posters here at HT who don't believe the polls!
rolleyes.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-22-2003 22:54: Message edited by: Ithaca 37 ]</font>

Great find Slinger..
My take on this whole fiasco is,
It takes a long time to de-list the animal because the people writing the bills want to add so much fluff and strings to it, and pass it around to every desk for every one to take their time and look over on their own time frame, that this kind of stuff just takes forever. It could be handled very easily if all involved went in for a debate and weren't allowed to come out until this matter was resolved. If they didn't show up, pooh-pooh to them...from what I have seen so far, Wy. is very smart not to play the game. The feds just want to quit paying for the project they started, knowing it is costing tons of $$$ and pass this burden on to the states with out any reprisals, Wy. is holding the feds feet to the fire, if they don't do this right, then the burden still sits on the feds shoulders that wanted to play the game in the first place, knowing they would get to pick up their markers before the game was over and go onto another piss poor project..LMAO!!! It's jut a power play that the feds got caught on and now they just don't like sitting in the outhouse because the stink is starting to get to their poor lily noses… But if this goes thru and the feds get bit good on it, maybe they will second think even a little before they commit huge resources that they don't intend to keep in the game for the long haul. That would be better for all of us in the end...

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrturtle
Back