Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wolf plan mired by Colorado politics

bayoublaster7527

Good article from former CPW chair. Recommend Colorado folks comment on the plan and reach out to the commission.

Unfortunately, elections have consequences and Colorado hunters will begin to bear those consequences……

I wonder if 10 years from now he’ll be shocked when wolf #s have exploded and the groups he mentioned are suing to keep wolves from being managed???

Good article from former CPW chair. Recommend Colorado folks comment on the plan and reach out to the commission.

Unfortunately, elections have consequences and Colorado hunters will begin to bear those consequences……
Wasn't wolf reintroduction a ballot initiative in Colorado?

Politics are laced into every State wildlife agency and one side is no better than the other.

Exhibit B: Montana

im confused about the end of the article. It says something to the effect of “the failed reintroduction to wolves in Idaho and Montana”….

Isn’t it because of YNP and GNP that wolves have grown to the numbers they have? I thought we did well to reintroduce and protect this species until it was time delist and manage them. Isn’t that the idea of successful reintroduction? Please be polite in your explanation, I am sure my naivety is apparent.

im confused about the end of the article. It says something to the effect of “the failed reintroduction to wolves in Idaho and Montana”….

Isn’t it because of YNP and GNP that wolves have grown to the numbers they have? I thought we did well to reintroduce and protect this species until it was time delist and manage them. Isn’t that the idea of successful reintroduction? Please be polite in your explanation, I am sure my naivety is apparent.
Wolves in Glacier were not reintroduced, same with most of NW Montana, probably panhandle of Idaho as well.

I agree that wolf recovery was not a failure, but full of it's share of rough patches along the way.

Wasn't wolf reintroduction a ballot initiative in Colorado?

Politics are laced into every State wildlife agency and one side is no better than the other.

Exhibit B: Montana
Yes, it was. Politics are definitely laced into those discussions and the domination of Colorado politics by a single party does not bode well for Colorado hunters. Totally expected you to redirect the discussion to Montana (red state) and ignore the numerous anti-hunting initiatives in blue states.

Yes, it was. Politics are definitely laced into those discussions and the domination of Colorado politics by a single party does not bode well for Colorado hunters. Totally expected you to redirect the discussion to Montana (red state) and ignore the numerous anti-hunting initiatives in blue states.
It's not limited to Montana, Wyoming does it's share of really bad stuff...ask any NR about this time of year.

Politicians don't bode well for anything but corporate America.

It's not limited to Montana, Wyoming does it's share of really bad stuff...ask any NR about this time of year.

Politicians don't bode well for anything but corporate America.
Yep. Y’all have got all the NRs up in a stir. But from an outsider perspective, Wyoming seems to do a decent job of keeping things between the lines when compared to other western states like MT, CO, WA, etc.

Yep. Y’all have got all the NRs up in a stir. But from an outsider perspective, Wyoming seems to do a decent job of keeping things between the lines when compared to other western states like MT, CO, WA, etc.
Utah drew red line in 1998; thank you SFW leadership with Prop 5 which ensure wildlife management is left to wildlife agencies and not referendum. https://ballotpedia.org/Utah_Supermajority_for_Hunting_Initiatives,_Proposition_5_(1998)

Unfortunately in many states wildlife management is now subject to citizen referendums.

What I find sad is many sportsmen involved in consumptive recreation; hunting & fishing actually believe they can find some accommodation with groups which expect seat at table but don't commit resources; money, time, long term commitment to conservation of land and wildlife. Wolves prime example. ID and MT accepted populations beyond the reintroduction goals. Only WY drew a line with regulated hunting in the reintroduction area and no regulation on killing outside that area. Thank you WY no established wolves in the Uinta Mountains. Thank you CO for screwing up UT big game and ranching in the next 5-10 years as they migrate.

Utah drew red line in 1998; thank you SFW leadership with Prop 5 which ensure wildlife management is left to wildlife agencies and not referendum. https://ballotpedia.org/Utah_Supermajority_for_Hunting_Initiatives,_Proposition_5_(1998)

Unfortunately in many states wildlife management is now subject to citizen referendums.

What I find sad is many sportsmen involved in consumptive recreation; hunting & fishing actually believe they can find some accommodation with groups which expect seat at table but don't commit resources; money, time, long term commitment to conservation of land and wildlife. Wolves prime example. ID and MT accepted populations beyond the reintroduction goals. Only WY drew a line with regulated hunting in the reintroduction area and no regulation on killing outside that area. Thank you WY no established wolves in the Uinta Mountains. Thank you CO for screwing up UT big game and ranching in the next 5-10 years as they migrate.
Utah, the Serengeti of the West...

Laffin'.

As usual nothing to say. @Dougfirtree @elkduds @ccc2354 it's embarrassing you don't see the fool, as a fool.
Sir,

First off, Buzz is no fool. If that's your conclusion, you've missed something. Second, be careful about inferring the meaning behind people's little reaction emoji's on this site. Mine was there mostly because it made me chuckle that he wrote, "laffin." Third, when calling someone else a fool, it's best not to do so using language that can easily be turned around, to mean that you're the fool. The pithy comeback is too easy here...

Take a breath. ✌️

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back