Wolf alert for SE Idaho!!

MD4M says, "I still dont think we need to be all warm and fuzzy over the fact that there were crammed up our butt's,but Yes I will be happy to have them de-listed and hunted."

So that's what's crammed up her butt!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

1P===yea its kinda stretch but the main thing is moderation. A little to me is alot to someone else, or vicaversa. As you pointed out before there should be an exit plan before they even started, and that plan should be followed unless there is a major problem with it.

So Elkchsr, are you going to answer my questions? Is this really how you feel?

Oak

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> The wolf a weed? Now that is a stretch of an analogy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tyler, this is a very easy analogy for every one to see. Every one knows about how weeds can get out of control, clear down to your own yard, and with out the proper management, they will eventually take over, or you will lose control. In the case of the wolves, there are more than just that one predator looking to get a piece of the action when it comes to game animals as a whole. We as humans, with mandated seasons, want to be able to not run on the normal cycle of nature. We don't want to see the herds fluctuating up and down as is normal, because then there will be lean years and bountiful ones making seasons zilch some years for every one. So adding another predator to this scenario and trying to keep a "natural" balance in reality isn't based in reality!
biggrin.gif

Oak== a better reasoning would be.....for
1) Quality of life or
2) because we have the technology and we can

The reason we humans do things don't always make sense in the grand scheme of things. We tend to use #2 while selling it as #1.

Or maybe we have a moral obligation to fix the things we've screwed up, and that we <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>2) ...have the technology and we can
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oak

While having a moral obligation to right our wrongs, I have seen a lot of fixing of things that have nothing to do with what we have caused, case in point, hauling all the dirt off the roads from slides that are over hwy 101 and piling it up some place else so the general public doesn't have to see it… Costs hundred of millions to do this...What's with that?
I really believe that some things that occur don't, can't, or shouldn't be fixed. Now before some of you goofballs jump on this last statement and run hog wild with it. There are certain things that should just be left alone and let run its natural course....

Nature is bigger than what you or I think. Even if we did some thing to annihilate our selves, nature would be there to slowly cover over and reclaim what was hers once more, the things we do, only last but a blink and are gone, nature will be here forever and will never truly be beaten...
It is only our vain attempts at what ever we do that we as humans think we can change the world, well if we do, remember, it is only temporary as much as she is concerned.
Yes we can do things to change or effect the here and now, in the long run though, I don’t think it means much except to make a few feel good!!!

I garrantee a nuclear war would change nature for good. At small time scales nature does move in certain cycles, but those cycles don't repeat forever. Once certain thresholds are crossed things can never (or at least hardly ever) go back to how it was before. Do a search for States and Transition Models (pay attention to the .edu and .gov sites). It won't completely change your point of view, but it should be enlightening.

I don't get it. The Canadians threatened us with nuclear war if we didn't take their wolves?
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Those sneaky canooks, next they'll be demanding free trade....never mind.....
wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> There are certain things that should just be left alone and let run its natural course.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, I guess it all hinges on your definition of natural.

Oak

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pam Fetzner
Back