WLH charged. Heads up if you've booked

Not surprising. I’ve heard nothing good about that outfit. There’s a video of him making a complete ass out of himself on a mule deer hunt too. I think it was on the Paunsagaunt.
"The illegal bait, “a pile of grain, oil and pastries” was discovered with a trail camera pointed right on it with “WLH” (for Wade Lemon Hunting) written on the side and with Lemon’s own telephone number, according to court documents."

Greatest criminals are those lacking brainpower.

It may easily be a setting where the outfitter worked to train the bear(s) to venture into the client's area with repeated baiting, then cleared the mess for the client's hunt.
"...evidence from a subordinate confirming Lemon had him place the bait in the location several weeks before the hunt."

I've heard such occurring in the past by outfitters (and other business operations) wanting to ensure celebrity success.

Trump Jr didn't know it was a bait job. Yeah, right! He has enough experience hunting to know what a baiting setup involves. Politics at work.
Not trying to justify illegal activities, but lots of michigan bear hunters legally start their hounds off of bait sites. Lots of others will run two-tracks until a dog strikes. If a "hunter/shooter/tag holder" is brought in to shoot the treed bear, it is conceivable they wouldn't know the bear was baited prior to the track and chase.

Now if the camp/truck/quad is covered in donuts and picnic baskets, it's a different story!

Not enough evidence out yet to make the call if Trump Jr new he was hunting illegally. Like @MTGomer said, it doesn't take much searching to figure out WLH is some one an ethical hunter does not want to be booking with. Ether pure laziness on the hunter or they just don't care.

The more I see of that Hunter Nation group the less I like it. They were the ones posting videos of Nugent and Waller trying to get crossbows in the archery season in Montana last year.

"The illegal bait, “a pile of grain, oil and pastries” was discovered with a trail camera pointed right on it with “WLH” (for Wade Lemon Hunting) written on the side and with Lemon’s own telephone number, according to court documents."

Greatest criminals are those lacking brainpower.

It may easily be a setting where the outfitter worked to train the bear(s) to venture into the client's area with repeated baiting, then cleared the mess for the client's hunt.
"...evidence from a subordinate confirming Lemon had him place the bait in the location several weeks before the hunt."

I've heard such occurring in the past by outfitters (and other business operations) wanting to ensure celebrity success.
If WLH was smart they would have put "Property of Mossback" on the trail cam and the phone number for Doyle.

What is amazing is the potential for five years in prison. If Montana actually handed out sentences of this magnitude, it may actually be a deterrent versus a cheap "Poacher Allotted Tag" .
Most Montana penalties have a $50-$1000 fine with not more than a 6 month "detention".

I'd imagine they're quoting maximum offense sentence though wow! Five years. Good on UT.

Trump Jr didn't know it was a bait job. Yeah, right! He has enough experience hunting to know what a baiting setup involves. Politics at work.
I agree the reporting of the story involves politics at work, but please expand on how exactly a client would know of prior baiting in a case like this? Do you think the bear was shot over a bucket of donuts?

I agree the reporting of the story involves politics at work, but please expand on how exactly a client would know of prior baiting in a case like this? Do you think the bear was shot over a bucket of donuts?
Its donny jr, he knew there was bait being put out. Just like daddy never admit to anything
The guide will get a pardon in 2024 membership to the trump club has extreme privilages

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back