PEAX Equipment

Wisconsin DNR estimates elk herds at about 500

Kind of tips off the DNR narrative when they give their counts. For Elk the population is estimated after calving season. [highest possible number]. For Wolves it's done before pups are born.

I am generally very supportive of the WDNR, but you do bring up an interesting point on the counts.

I am generally very supportive of the WDNR, but you do bring up an interesting point on the counts.
I guess you have a lot more faith in the DNR than a lot of fellas I know back there in Wisconsin. What they're doing concerning CWD is criminal IMO.

What they're doing concerning CWD is criminal IMO.

The eradication zone was dumb in hindsight, but it seems like it is standard-of-care across the country where CWD pops up- so I can’t fault them all that much.

Now, besides baiting bans for most counties (which are a net positive), I don’t really notice anything to do with CWD one way or the other.

, I don’t really notice anything to do with CWD one way or the other.
Except when a "new" positive pops up and they give out unlimited tags to all surrounding land owners in a 3 or 5 miles radius of the property. These tags are good for any weapons 365 days a year.

But I agree for the most part I think WI DNR does a pretty good job.

CWD in yhe early 2000s and now is criminal and a huge joke imo.

Except when a "new" positive pops up and they give out unlimited tags to all surrounding land owners in a 3 or 5 miles radius of the property. These tags are good for any weapons 365 days a year.
Wow , that's news to me. This must go over like a "lead balloon" for all the people that bought hunting land in the ope n season zone.
Totally crazy. So if the tags are only good on private land , think of the great sanctuary the public lands become.

Back