Wine whine

Tasting over. 8 wines sampled, and now I'm poor! F wine tasting, apparently it's for people who's six figure income doesn't start with "1"...
Only 3 good wines.
Alexandria Nicole sauvignon blanc
Col Solare cab sauv
Some viognier that we didn't write down.

Tasting over. 8 wines sampled, and now I'm poor! F wine tasting, apparently it's for people who's six figure income doesn't start with "1"...
Only 3 good wines.
Alexandria Nicole sauvignon blanc
Col Solare cab sauv
Some viognier that we didn't write down.
And the decimal comes after all six digits??🤣

What the majority on this thread do not also realize is WA has a 20.5% tax rate on wine, spirits....Its insane the price difference when i'm in Idaho or Montana for the same thing.

Col Solare is good. Honestly if you want to stick with some cheaper good ones. Chateau St Michele wines are lower end and good, Lake Chelan Winery we like more often than not, Decoy - nice labels normally pretty good, Coppola.

Or a full rack of Rainier and a box of Kirkland varietal for the wife and your set.

What the majority on this thread do not also realize is WA has a 20.5% tax rate on wine, spirits....Its insane the price difference when i'm in Idaho or Montana for the same thing.

Col Solare is good. Honestly if you want to stick with some cheaper good ones. Chateau St Michele wines are lower end and good, Lake Chelan Winery we like more often than not, Decoy - nice labels normally pretty good, Coppola.

Or a full rack of Rainier and a box of Kirkland varietal for the wife and your set.
Gonna stick with the latter after Norwood stuck it to us... also, way too snobbery.

But it was fun, and we're going to try to make it around to the various wineries instead next time.

Went to my granddaughter's birthday party tonight. My daughter had a box of wine in the fridge, so I had a couple of glasses. I didn't bother looking at the label, so I don't know what it was. All I know is that it was pretty much flavorless and after two 8 oz. glasses I still didn't have a decent buzz and I needed one. The kid noise was unbearable.

We had a work Christmas party this evening that involved a wine tasting. 5 wines and guess cheapest to most expensive. I went 2/5 on the wines, switched around 2 wines so almost won it... Winner prize is my expensive wine bottle with a wild game dinner.

Also did a light beer tasting and I guessed 5/5. Helluva pallette here.

It is good. But we're cheaper and continually rock the prosecco.
We like Proecco too, and it's more of an everyday type choice at our house given its price. However, Champagne and Prosecco, while both being sparkling wine, are two very different experiences.

14 hands is good reasonably priced supermarket wine. We buy that one all the time when it's on sale. The New Zealand one will be good too.
14 hands has gone both ways for us, we used to drink it a fair bit in '16 but in '17-'18 it was kinda shitty, or at least more grapejuicy than we like, but this 2020 that costco has had the last year has been stellar.

We're both looking forward to the NZ one too.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back