Win a Yukon Moose and Grizzly Hunt, support wild sheep!

Oak

Expert
*Thanks to @Big Fin for letting me post here.

This is the opportunity to win an adventure most of us will never get the chance to experience otherwise. The winner of this hunt, drawn in just a little over a month, will hunt moose and grizzly bear with Aaron Florian at Yukon Stone Outfitters. These hunts are conducted from horseback or by boat on lakes or by jet boat on rivers

This is a 10-day hunt scheduled for September 20 through October 1, 2022.

The prize includes charter airfare fees to the hunting area, licenses and tags, trophy fees for both species, and 1 on 1 guide service.

Tickets on this one are pricey at $200 each. Only 300 tickets available. The winner will be drawn March 10, regardless of how many tickets have sold.

Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.

Moose IMG_6544small.jpg
Grizzly IMG_4541small.jpg

Moose IMG_1533small.jpg
Grizzly 20210602_235651small.jpg

that's very enticing!
Make sure you follow the link and then visit the outfitters page and look closer might not matter to a lot of guys but this bit I found from the outfitters site made me
Change my mind. The below is directly from the outfitters hunt info

If you wish to take meat home with you and there is room in the departing charter plane, we limit the quantity to no more than 40 lbs, which is an amount that doesn’t require a Gov’t issued export permit. If you do take meat to Whitehorse, you’ll need to purchase a cooler at the local hardware store and freeze the meat at the hotel prior to your departure.
The rest of the meat recovered from the field will be processed and distributed locally to various groups of people in need in the Territory including First Nations communities, the hospital, and women’s shelter. Distribution of meat locally is important to the Yukon Stone mission and very important to maintaining our hunting and outfitting privileges, and as such, we do not offer the opportunity to transport an entire moose or caribou back home with you.

OK Oak Im in the donations keep going up lol
Just kidding I dont drink,smoke or gamble but I love your raffles we all need a vice or two

Reactions: Oak
LOL, I can't imagine how much it would cost to ship an entire dead moose back from the Yukon anyway.
True but thought I’d point that out. I feel like I would want to bring more than 40lbs of meat back with me if I ever got to do a hunt like that. But that outfitter seems to more be a trophy focused kind of place. To each there own 🤷🏼‍♂️

Meat restriction are pretty common for remote BC and Yukon hunts. It’s usually the result of limited extra weight allowance on shared charter flights. if you are willing to pay for the extra charter (usually well north of $5K, as all the cost falls on you), I’m sure you could take more. Just depends how bad you really want all that meat….

Is there an estimate on out of pocket costs for this hunt? @Oak
It says flight once in YT are covered as is GST and licenses. Depending on where you are flying to Whitehorse from $500-$1000 Figure 3 nights in Whitehorse coming in and going out at $200 each so $600. Grizzly trophy $500 or $750 if you tag one. Plus meals $200 and tip $3500- $5000? I'd guess $7000sh out of pocket.

It says flight once in YT are covered as is GST and licenses. Depending on where you are flying to Whitehorse from $500-$1000 Figure 3 nights in Whitehorse coming in and going out at $200 each so $600. Grizzly trophy $500 or $750 if you tag one. Plus meals $200 and tip $3500- $5000? I'd guess $7000sh out of pocket.
Plus fair market value of the hunt x your marginal effective tax rate, which is the biggest piece

Thank you!

Back