Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Will inflation affect your hunts?

Will inflation affect your hunts this fall?

• Not at all, not really an issue for me

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • Not at all I will make sacrifices in other areas

Votes: 32 17.9%
  • A little here and there but not much

Votes: 53 29.6%
  • It will definitely impact the amount and types of hunts

Votes: 37 20.7%

• Total voters
Probably at least 12k miles a year on hunting whatever that comes out to. Enough to notice that's for sure.

it will effect my out of state hunts as diesel fuel is a big factor on a 3000 mile round trip,,it will alter my applications to apply for the harder to draw stuff further away like co and n m,if i draw im gonna go, but it will alter my mediocre unit apps and 2nd choices.

Gas definitely put a kink In the budget, I drive everywhere. Florida in April and Vt. Canada boarder are in May then over to Maine for Turkey. Va. Md. and PA. hunts. 6-7 weeks chasing turkeys Gass Willard up. But if I let this administration Dictate my hunting through Gas I'd get cranky quick.

As soon as I got old enough that my hunting was no longer sponsored by my parents, I figured out that hunting is damn expensive. So, in order to deal with that expense, I made a firm commitment to just not think about it.

I'll pay about any price for gas if I can get to the mountains, the reward far out weighs the economic impact for me. There's sheep and elk that needs packed out, I'll be there!

The cost of hunting have been going up every year since I started hunting 35 years ago. My costs are primarily Lease fees, Hotel and gas to get 9 hrs from home to my lease. Im gonna pay the piper. Fortunately due to technology I can work while I am off on hunting trips. Which I dont mind at all. I enjoy my work but get tired of being in town so I like to get out of town. I have all my gear purchased and upgraded so that is behind me for the foreseeable future. I will discipline myself to use what I got so my new equipment budget will get folded into my hunting trip budget. I wont miss a beat.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back