Wilks elk license

We just need to get through this current one.
Add on the two new commissioners to the current one 🤦‍♀️

"The governor appointed Jana Waller of Florence and Bill Lane of Ismay to serve on the commission to represent Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks’ Region 2 and Region 7 respectively."

Jana Waller of Skullbound TV and Bill Lane who is a rancher. "Lane owns and operates Crescent Cross Ranch, a family operation specializing in black Angus cattle. He said in an interview he believes he can bring the multifaceted perspective of a landowner, sportsman and former outfitter to the commission."
Don't we already have outfitter and landowner voices represented? I supposed not enough.....

Apologies for the paywall.

Last edited:
I say give them unlimited bull tags valid on their property. Let them realize and create the same elk hunting that the rest of Montana experiences...
I think this has been said, but it needs to be pointed out again. The Wilks simply do a better job of managing their land and wildlife than the any public agency- state or federal. They manage hunting pressure and harvest better and they provide what elk need at that time of year. In return they wanted guaranteed bull elk tags, and GG is their guy so they got them. Despite my post, I'm not defending the Wilks or this trend at all. I despise it. But until Montana hunters realize it is not their god-given right to hunt elk every year on public land there will be no way to mount a real effort for effective change. Limiting pressure is the key to better hunting, but that means you might not get to hunt some years. Sadly, private landowners are the elks' ultimate savior in MT.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back