Caribou Gear

Wildlife Jewelry

KC

I had a silversmith mount these ivories in silver bases with loops. Then I assembled the rest. This necklace holds the ivories of six mature bulls, two cows and a spike bull, which I have taken over several years. All the silver is Sterling. The ferrels are bone. It's too elaborate for me to wear. But it makes a nice piece of wildlife art.

3elk.jpg

KC
cool.gif

KC, those are very nice. Those necklasses would look nice just hanging on the wall or framed. They are all very nice pieces of jewelry or art.

TwoElks:

Thanks for the kind comments. The first two are mounted in shadow boxes and hanging on the wall. As a piece of wearing apparel, I like the last one the best. It's simple enough that I might actually wear it someday.

KC

KC, I have some bear teeth and Bear Claws that I want on a chain... You interested in doing that for me ? Something simple I think
confused.gif

Nice Jerlery ya got there !!

Beautiful stuff, KC. It is good to see someone take treasures of nature and turn them into something nice, whether as a showpiece, or as decorative apparel.

Moosie:

There's a store here in Colorado Springs that helps people learn how to do this kind of craft. They sell the silver beads, bone pipes, clasps, mounts, cables, etc. I bet there's a similar store in Boise. It's easy to assemble the components. The hard part is getting the ivories/teeth/claws.

If you can't find a store in Boise, I would be happy to mount your bear teeth/claws on a necklace. I could use pendant mounts like the last two pictures. Having them set in silver bases, like the first pictures, costs about $40 per tooth/claw.

Send me an e-mail if I can help.

KC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back