Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wildife Task force 90-10, etc.

I wonder what happens from here.

I have no problem with 90/10, 90/5/5, high price, low price, split draw, etc. I like random odds whenever they're available but beyond that I have grown to be a strict "state's rights" person on this issue, so to speak.

But I wonder with NR tag availability set to shrink big time in Wyoming, plus whatever the hell becomes of Montana over the next few years, plus the chance that Colorado finally stops treating residents like afterthoughts...

...will the demand for western/NR/DIY/whatever hunting begin to atrophy or will it hammer some other resource? Alaska? NZ?

I guess we will know as soon as GoHunt or whoever starts advertising the next last best thing.
I think the cats already out of the bag on AK and NZ. I don't know what the next great thing to be ruined will be but it'll be interesting to see what happens the next 20 years. Personally if my hunting opportunities diminish out west I'll just focus on hunting more at home, maybe finally start section hiking one of the triple crown trails like I've been talking about forever, or more beach vacations with the wife and kids. Whatever I do you can bet your ass I'm not taking up golf.

Wow, showing your true colors…. Let the non-resident hate flow. Why not just go to 100-0? To be clear 90-10 might put you in line with some western states, but not the western state that issues the most tags, Colorado. Also 90-10 might be in line with most but cutting a deal with outfitters would be 90-5-5, not in line with other states.
Oregon is 90-5-5

Oregon is 90-5-5
Are Wyoming residents trying to bring their state in line with Oregon? Fair point, I honestly did not know that as Oregon isn’t a state on my radar and probably not most other NR western hunters (aka Whiners). Mostly looking at ID, MT, UT, AZ, NM, and NV.

Last edited:
Oregon is 90-5-5

Oregon is 95/5 with a quota equal to half of last years nr 5 available for the outfitter draw, excepting Antelope which is 97/3. Unlimited OTC has been running 6%-7% NR. Sheep/Goats are no less than 5 and no more than 10.

Last edited:
Oregon is 95/5 with a quota equal to half of last years nr 5 available for the outfitter draw, excepting Antelope which is 97/3. Unlimited OTC has been running 6%-7% NR.
I thought they had some sort of outfitter set aside in that state also. I know it makes me mad I’ll need 20+ points to hunt where I grew up and my buddy gets the tag every 3rd year

The outfitters can draw a quota equal to half of last years nr quota. That quota comes from the nr side and tags can only be sold to nr. They only apply for a few units, primarily the "big 3".

Apparently us dingy scummy POS non residents really did it this time. We even got @BuzzH vouching for outfitter welfare. Boy o boy how times have changed.
Or he’s just growing tired of hearing people complain, bitching and moaning, and carrying on about how poorly they are being treated by the state of Wyoming.
I am a non-resident. Everyone complaining, shut the #*^@#* up. If and when it goes to 90/10, it’s just bringing it in line with most other states. Wyoming owes you nothing.

Or he’s just growing tired of hearing people complain, bitching and moaning, and carrying on about how poorly they are being treated by the state of Wyoming.
I am a non-resident. Everyone complaining, shut the #*^@#* up. If and when it goes to 90/10, it’s just bringing it in line with most other states. Wyoming owes you nothing.

Everyone collectively doesn't bitch and moan as much as Buzz bitches, moans and, especially, whines about nr whining.

I agree completely. And have never once complained about what WY does with WY rules.
That’s what I meant by apparently us POS non residents really did it this time.

I sure don't hear, or read online, much "complaining." Disappointment maybe, yes. But we as non residents are stuck with what the state of Wyoming allows us to have. So for people like me who have come to enjoy hunting in Wyoming, it's disappointing when our opportunities are being reduced. And myself, I have yet to hunt Wyoming for any animal with antlers or horns. And this year will be my tenth year in a row hunting there, but I've only been hunting whitetail does, antelope does, and cow elk. Buzz himself has had plenty of non resident hunters come out and hunt with him. So I don't know why he complains about his perceived "complaining" by all the ungrateful non resident hunters.

Everyone collectively doesn't bitch and moan as much as Buzz bitches, moans and, especially, whines about nr whining.
And I never ever thought I’d hear him support any sort of outfitter welfare set aside. Something must have really triggered him. Or maybe he got a guide license or something 🤷🏻‍♂️

i think the amount of alleged "whining" absolutely is a little exaggerated.

definitely lots of disappointment. it's always sad to see a good thing go. unfortunately there can certainly be some unnecessary vitriol spread by wyo residents towards that disappointment.

but, in buzz's defense, anybody that lives in a western state with good NR opportunity has a keen ear to NR whining.

take a look at the CPW comment board for the currently being discussed allocation changes. there are a lot of NR comments on that board that are so entitled and misinformed it can kinda make me wanna shut down all NR opportunity in Colorado and never see the face of another NR on the landscape.

I sure don't hear, or read online, much "complaining." Disappointment maybe, yes.
Just my 2 cents, seems like the one instance I saw the most NR uproar was over the "big 5" changes a while back. There was genuine vitriol over that. With DEA it seems NR reactions are milder.

Also HT is only one forum, NRs on Rokslide for example seem to be more prone to bitching and less likely to accept ideas like states prioritizing residents. Again just my observations

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back