Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wild Sheep Foundation - Reno

Stop in and say hi...booths 830 and 832. That goes for anyone else that might be there.

Hope you guys do. I'll be the short, fat red-headed guy. Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society booth.

Anybody else going?

Oak what is your affiliation with the sheep foundation? you seem to have a lot of input with that.

Oak what is your affiliation with the sheep foundation? you seem to have a lot of input with that.

I am the current vice-president of RMBS. We will be there promoting our statewide mountain goat and sheep auction tags which will be auctioned on Saturday, as well as selling tickets for the raffle statewide goat, sheep and pronghorn tags.

Scott, I look forward to it.

Volume discounts provided? Address and who payable to?

No volume discount. Tickets are $25 each, with a limit of 25 tickets per person. Our website is supposed to be updated this week with details and ordering capabilities. I will have tickets to sell when I get back from Reno, so if you want to mail me a check to me payable to RMBS, I'll be sure to crease your stubs before throwing them in the tumbler. ;)

Great odds for the pronghorn tag...I think we sold 166 tickets last year. So better than 1 in 8 odds if you buy 25. :)

Well, it was a fun, but tiring four days. Good thing it wasn't five, or I might not have made it. I got to meet Scott (NVLongbow) and Jason (couesfever). Wish I would have had more time to visit with those guys. I also met some famous and infamous people of the sheep hunting/guiding world.

There was an amazing amount of money being thrown around. I cannot fathom paying more than I did for my house for a single hunting tag. Don Peay sold some wolf hides at auction to raise money for his legislative fight. I think the last one on Friday night brought a total of $36,000 after being bought, donated back and resold several times.

After a few years of being offered at the GSC/O convention, the Colorado statewide bighorn sheep and mountain goat tags returned to the WSF convention. New records for Colorado were set with the high bids on each tag, with the goat tag going for $18.5K and the sheep tag selling for $105K. These tags are identical to the ones you and I can win with a $25 raffle ticket. A raffle ticket order form can be found at the RMBS website. Credit cards are now accepted for raffle tickets in Colorado.

While we were in Reno last week, the CDOW was spending auction and raffle tag money by reintroducing sheep into the Hayman Burn area in Colorado. (thanks Bighorn191 for the photos)

sheep1.jpg

sheep2.jpg

sheep3.jpg

sheep4.jpg

sheep5.jpg

Back