Wild game processor shortage

Most all of the processor I’ve ever met mixed meats for snack sticks or summer sausage. One guys deer isn’t enough trim to warrant running their smoker. I’m not even sure how you would be able to do it and stay at your profit margin.
The way to do it is to individually grind, mix, & stuff each customer's meat, but then label the racks you use in the smoker, and smoke multiple customers' product at once. Have set weights required to make a batch to standardize batches, put the balance into hamburger. Not terribly difficult- I've done it before.

The local meat locker I use has stopped taking anymore game for the time being they said they are overbooked not just from wild game but beef as well.. my dad took his deer in last week and they turned him Away. The back up locker he used said that they weren’t taking anymore after that day until they got caught up
As well. Ive Never seen this happen in my area before

Talked again with my local locker the other day. They are not taking wild game, are booked on domestic into April 2021 and have people trying to set schedules for domestics through the next 5 years. Tons of new domestic business for them with people that have bought livestock this year out of fear of meat shortages

Back