Wife's first antelope!

p_ham

My wife finally drew a NV antelope tag. She lucked out and got the same unit as my archery tag last year so I was already familiar with the area and animal patterns.

We headed out Friday after work for yet another late night camp set up. Morning came quickly and we headed to "my" spot.
We set up a few yards away from where I ambushed my buck last year. Right after shooting light a small buck came wandering down the trail and fed his way to within 20yds of us. He wasn't legal so he got a pass. Another hour went by and the sun slowly made its way across the valley. Antelope started showing up on their way to bed. A couple bigger bucks tempted me to leave our set up. We decided that we would wait until 8, if nothing showed up by then it wasn't going to and we would head to check some bedding areas.
About 7:45 I spotted horns above the brush headed our way. The first buck wasn't legal but he had 3 with him that were. In no time at all, the first two bucks were 50yds from us. The other 2 hung back at 75, one of them teaching a big sagebrush some manners. He was ramming it and bucking and kicking around. I've never seen one go after brush with such vigor so it was cool to watch. I told my wife to watch the closer bucks through her scope, I knew things were about to get exciting. I was glad we turned the magnification down.
The first legal buck came out from behind a big bush and stood broadside, looking at us. "You ready?" I whispered. "Yes." "Shoot h--" BOOM! The buck kicked a bit and took off like a rocket. "I think I missed!" "You didn't miss, he's going down." He expired only about 30yds from where last year's did. She made a perfect double lung shot with no meat loss.
0824190751.jpg0824190804.jpg0824190807.jpg
We took pictures and got the guttin' and gillin' taken care of. A short 45min pack out and he was on ice, headed home. 0824191034a.jpg
She's tickled pink, me too!

Great job to both of you...Congratulaions to your wife on her first Buck! :cool:

Well done and congratulations. It is always nice when you can get a tag in a familiar unit.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back