Wide Drexler And The Pine Marten That Stole My Heart

Incredible story. So glad that it was so rewarding. Amazing pictures and awesome write up. Congrats!

Reactions: trb
What an amazing story! You should quit your day job, go on as many hunts as possible, and write a book. That was a great read congratulations!

That is very impressive. The more and more I read stories like this, the more it makes me want to move to were I can do this on the regular! Congrats on an awesome hunt and an awesome writeup.

Great story and great buck. Congrats on all your hard work coming to fruition!

Congratulations thanks for sharing the story with us! And way to get it done after years of being up there exploring. Looks like a beautiful area

Way to put the work into the write up and make it so much fun for us 😁

If I had to guess, you have the mule deer sickness now. Heck of a buck, will likely take some work to top it but you will have fun doing it

I love the story and pictures, thank you for sharing!

I had a pine marten get a pound or two off an elk quarter of mine in September in Wyoming. He showed zero remorse when I approached him. I just ordered 2 dozen 120 conibears yesterday to add to my arsenal and booked a few nights at a hotel in NE Minnesota during marten trapping season. I might not be able to get revenge on him, but I can (and will) go after his family.

Awesome buck and great story and photos. Congrats, you really put the work in and earned it. Well done and thanks for sharing.

Three years of alpine scouting to culminate in a high country buck like that one… yeah… solid stuff. Congrats! Simply awesome

What is "Drexler" in the title?

Edit: I googled it, it's a sportball player's name.

Last edited:
“All of a sudden, at 7:30, the 4x4 emerged from the timber with a decent 3x3 in tow. My buddy immediately exclaimed "holy shit thats a nice buck....he's so wide". A couple minutes of adrenaline fueled whispered riffing of untold stupidity, and he became Wide Drexeler, the apple of our eyes”

Back