Caribou Gear Tarp

Why I love Cabelas

Jamen

When I was in high school 8 years ago I bought a pair of Cabelas outfitter series boot. The last two seasons I have had with them I could tell they were on their way out. The leather was cracking and a seam or two had been tore. I noticed that they have a lifetime warranty on all their name brand clothing they sell. So I sent back the boots and requested for a new pair just to see what would happen. To my surprise they refunded me for the boots. They didn't have my size I wanted and were on back order but they sent me a gift certificate for the amount the boots cost. It is nice to see them stand behind their name after 8 years of many miles and abuse put on them. I will be buying those boots again once off back order. Just wanted to share my good experience with everyone.

Jamen

You must be talking about a different Cabelas than the one I go shop at. They wouldn't warranty a 3 month old ground blind for me this year, sold a few thousand Vortex PST's to people they didn't have in stock then cancelled all the orders on people a few weeks ago.

10 years ago they were almost too good in their customer service, today they are falling fast.

They didn't question it one bit when I sent it in. I did not go to the store I just emailed them and sent it in.

I got a replacement % on the last pair of Cabelas boots I bought/replaced. They leaked after a year, they gave me 60% of new, saying the lifetime warranty was based on the life left of the sole. Better than nothing for sure, but hardly the lifetime warranty I would expect for a leaky pair of boots.

The 3 Cabela's stores I've had my wife in treated her like shit when she would ask associates questions in the hunting departments when I wasn't standing right there with her. They treated her like they didn't have the time for her and as if her questions were stupid. One guy even had the balls to tell her to go ask her husband. So, needless to say, Cabela's won't get another penny out of me or my wife and headquarters got scathing emails about each visit...which we heard nothing back in return...

I guess my experiences with them have been different. I have only been to the actual stores twice so I cannot say to the in store customer service they have but the phone service has been good for me when I needed it.

You must be talking about a different Cabelas than the one I go shop at. They wouldn't warranty a 3 month old ground blind for me this year, sold a few thousand Vortex PST's to people they didn't have in stock then cancelled all the orders on people a few weeks ago.

10 years ago they were almost too good in their customer service, today they are falling fast.

I ordered my wife a set of merino tops and bottoms back in August. I got an e-mail confirmation that they were shipped. Week later got another e-mail saying they were backordered and if I did nothing they would remain on back order and be shipped when they were back in stock. Still waiting, expecting them any day now! ha

i've had mixed results...a pair of waders I bought leaked after about 4 seasons of hard use and they told me it was above normal wear and tear. I couldn't argue because they were probably right.

My first pair of Meindl boots developed an issue with the sole after I decided to do a death march last fall and destroyed support...they replaced no questions asked. The replacement pair now leaks after a year of daily use and they will not honor guarantee because of above normal wear and tear. I suspect the quality of goretex is the issue not the boot.

I had a set of packable waterproof raingear leak after their first spring use...that was the suckiest suck that ever suck wet 2 weeks in the backcountry I've every experienced. The clothing manager and I commiserated over the event and he upgraded my gear to the "expensive" stuff for free. I still use the jacket but some buffaloberry thorns won the battle with the pants.

I don't have anything bad to say about them--I've always been treated fairly. That said lifetime warranties on boots and clothing have always puzzled me because they eventually wear out. If I had a pair of boots that I wore for 8 years and had hundreds of miles on them when the wore out I'd say I got my money's worth and move on.

That's what I was thinking and wasn't going to be disappointed if I didn't get a refund but I did which I was certainly happy with. I will say this about those boots those Goodyear rubber soles on them never wore out and I put many many miles on the boots.

I have a pair of 3 year old Meindl Denalis from Cabelas. They've been worn fairly hard, but nothing a pair of boots that price shouldn't hold up to. Everything looks great on them except, above the heel, there is a soft piece of leather that ripped on both my left and right boot. I loved everything else about them and was disappointed by this, but willing to buy a new pair because I liked them so much. I did the live chat thing with Cabelas customer service and then guy said that the leather should not have ripped like that. They are replacing them free of charge for me. I have always had excellent luck with their customer service, and it's why I have no problem shelling out a little extra to buy clothing and footwear from them.

Had the boots lasted another year or two I would have tossed them and happily bought a new pair, knowing I got the full life out of them. I thought these ones bit the dust a little sooner than they should have, so I gave it a shot and it paid off. That's 1/2 my elk tag for the year!

Thanks Cabelas.

My wife used to work customer service for Cabelas. They have finally had to start limiting some of their warranty stuff, because people have no conscience and were just plain abusing the good service. There were lots of people that just "rent" stuff, in other words, buy it use it once and return it when they no longer need it. Now, a lot of things must be sent in for "evaluation" first. People would gripe about waders and rubber boots that rotted after five years-well DUH! Cabelas would always give them something back, even if it was not realistic.

I had problems one time with a store employee and called In a manager. The only way to correct bad behavior is to go over their head. Cabelas does not condone that type of behavior, John. I have found that lots of employees-and not just at Cabelas-are clueless about the merchandise that they are trying to sell.

Overall, I cannot gripe about the service that I have gotten from Cabelas over the many years that I have dealt with them. However, they are not as friendly as when they were family-owned. That is for sure.

Even the guys working at our Cabelas ,say Cabelas return policy sucks anymore.I bought a set of gunsmithing screw drivers with a lifetime warranty ,two of theme broke the first time I used them. I returned them to the store and was told I must of abused them and they would not give me a refund or a replacement. You can bet I am carefull with any Cabelas purchase from now on.It will only be a reputable company brand name with a company name and guarantee. No more Cabelas brands.

I have had a box of Barnes 338 on back order since Oct
1st, & not the happiest the past 5 years -
Amazon and drone delivery now days for me....and my kid ships things back with his drone
For free as he is registered FCC.
Kidding

My Cabela's parka tore where the fabric along the zipper was stitched to the zipper. Was 8 years old and I wear it a lot in winter but mostly to walk the dog. Cabela's said the lifetime was exceeded. Was not my lifetime but the parka's. I asked if was a time-certain then why not say 2 year warranty (or whatever) then stamp the expiration date on the label as is sold to me.

So, I have a warranty that only Cabelas can identify as to if has run out. It ran out. Under light duty use.

Jerks.

My Cabela's parka tore where the fabric along the zipper was stitched to the zipper. Was 8 years old and I wear it a lot in winter but mostly to walk the dog. Cabela's said the lifetime was exceeded. Was not my lifetime but the parka's. I asked if was a time-certain then why not say 2 year warranty (or whatever) then stamp the expiration date on the label as is sold to me.

So, I have a warranty that only Cabelas can identify as to if has run out. It ran out. Under light duty use.

Jerks.

Jus mY opinion but if you have a jacket for 8 years why would expect any sort of warranty on it. That to me is jus ridiculous. Carry on

Jus mY opinion but if you have a jacket for 8 years why would expect any sort of warranty on it. That to me is jus ridiculous. Carry on

I agree that a parka that's been used for 8 years has served it life, but if it says lifetime warranty then it should be honored.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back