Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Why I love Cabelas

The fine print says:
Cabela's brand clothing and footwear is guaranteed for the lifetime of the product under normal wear and tear and defects in workmanship

So the $100 question is: What is the lifetime of the product? I guess the smart ass answer is the lifetime is over once it breaks.

Don't even get me started on Cabelas. I have been dealing with an absolute fiasco with them regarding a "Commercial Grade" vertical stuffer I have from them that broke. Been an absolute nightmare........Ironically the latest is they are not going to be selling the line of those commercial grade vertical stuffers including the motors that attach to them..basically leaving us customers who have already purchased the product stuck with no support on a product that could not handle the home owner use they sold as "Commercial" grade??..I could write a book about on my saga with Cabelas that started the 24th of December while my old man and I were in the middle of stuffing 140 lbs of summer sausage. The whole deal and their crappy customer service makes my blood boil.

The fine print says:

So the $100 question is: What is the lifetime of the product? I guess the smart ass answer is the lifetime is over once it breaks.

How they explained it to me for Cabelas brand boots, was 100% is new, 0% was no tread left. Unless you return the boots with in 60 days (might be 90), you're not getting 100% back on any boot with a lifetime warranty.

I have to disagree bambI they gave me 100% back on my boots. I was not expecting anything back after 8 years of use but they backed it to the full price.

When I was in high school 8 years ago I bought a pair of Cabelas outfitter series boot. The last two seasons I have had with them I could tell they were on their way out. The leather was cracking and a seam or two had been tore. I noticed that they have a lifetime warranty on all their name brand clothing they sell. So I sent back the boots and requested for a new pair just to see what would happen. To my surprise they refunded me for the boots. They didn't have my size I wanted and were on back order but they sent me a gift certificate for the amount the boots cost. It is nice to see them stand behind their name after 8 years of many miles and abuse put on them. I will be buying those boots again once off back order. Just wanted to share my good experience with everyone.

Jamen

After eight years of legitimate use you returned them and expected anything in return:cool:

Honestly I am speechless. For all those who have had a less than desirable experience with your returns...maybe you know why.

As someone who previously worked at the Cabelas in Hamburg, PA. I honestly can't believe how their still in business with some of their practices. Likely the reason for some of their changes in return policies. To many scam artist out their abusing it. Can't blame them one bit. Absolutely loved working and shopping there. Never had an issue with any of the stores I've shopped at or with legit returns.

I knew a few guys back in high school that would buy a new pair of waders a few days before duck season and return them the weekend after it ended. It ticked me off to no end. I agree that a lot of bad apples spoiled it for everyone.

After eight years of legitimate use you returned them and expected anything in return:cool:

Honestly I am speechless. For all those who have had a less than desirable experience with your returns...maybe you know why.

I understand I had gotten 8 years of use out of the boots and the life of them has been served. But if it says lifetime warranty why should it not be lifetime? I know people that return optics they have had with a lifetime warranty should they be treated any different than people who return boots? I do not think that having a lifetime warranty on any clothing is a smart idea but I do like the fact they stood behind it. It is not like I went out after the season and trashed my boots in order to get a new pair.

I've had good experiences with the Cabelas in Rogers, MN. Have only had to return a couple of things over the years and never had an issue when returning them.

The majority of my Cabela's purchases are out of the Bargain Cave so returns aren't an option and I buy at my own risk. But I did buy a Cabela's brand dehydrator a couple of months ago and used it twice to make snack sticks and was disappointed in its performance. Took much longer than my old Nesco and didn't dehydrate evenly. The top would get much warmer than the bottom even though the online description said you wouldn't have to shuffle trays. I boxed it back up and set it in my laundry room to return when I made it back. Fast forward a couple months or so and I couldn't find the receipt. I hauled it to the store and told them I wasn't happy with its performance. They wanted the card I payed for it with. I didn't have that card because my account information had been compromised and was used to try to make purchases in NY. But, I have this weird numbers thing and still remembered my old card number. I gave it to them and they found where I had purchased it. They offered to put the return on my new card but I told them they could just give me a gift card since I'd be spending the money there anyway.

I think the keyword here is that they have a lifetime warranty for DEFECTS in materials or craftsmanship. Wearing out a pair of boots after 8 years is not a DEFECT. It is normal wear and tear. In the first post, it was stated they were abused. In my opinion only, you wore out a pair of boots that did not have any defects thus should have just bought a new pair and been happy. This is one of the reasons why Cabelas is so expensive. Someone has to pay for these types of things. To each his own, you are the only one who knows if there was a defect or if was just worn out and it is your conscience. Again, this is my opinion only based on the information provided.

i think the keyword here is that they have a lifetime warranty for defects in materials or craftsmanship. Wearing out a pair of boots after 8 years is not a defect. It is normal wear and tear. In the first post, it was stated they were abused. In my opinion only, you wore out a pair of boots that did not have any defects thus should have just bought a new pair and been happy. This is one of the reasons why cabelas is so expensive. Someone has to pay for these types of things. To each his own, you are the only one who knows if there was a defect or if was just worn out and it is your conscience. Again, this is my opinion only based on the information provided.

^^^ exactly!!!

I understand where people are coming from on the other side of the coin. I only sent them in to see if they would hold true to their warranty. To me it didn't matter if I got anything back or not I had already bought a pair of new boots 3 months before I sent them back. But I think if a product breaks down under proper use of it and they have a warranty they should honor it or not have it at all. I have seen stories where people drop their binos or leave their rangefinder on the endgate and take off to only come back to find it smashed and the company replaces them. Can you warranty stupidity? and in most cases they do.

I understand where people are coming from on the other side of the coin. I only sent them in to see if they would hold true to their warranty. To me it didn't matter if I got anything back or not I had already bought a pair of new boots 3 months before I sent them back. But I think if a product breaks down under proper use of it and they have a warranty they should honor it or not have it at all. I have seen stories where people drop their binos or leave their rangefinder on the endgate and take off to only come back to find it smashed and the company replaces them. Can you warranty stupidity? and in most cases they do.

I've yet to read stories on people sending binos or rangfinders back after 8 years and "many, many" days of normal wear and tear and expecting a refund. Their warranty is for defects, not every day wear and tear. I guess I'm confused with the comparison. Did you drop your boots and someone drove over them and they broke into pieces? In cases of binos or rangefinders, most companies will have you pay for a refurbished set (discounted price) or send you a refurbished set plus the shipping and handling. Yet, people wonder why a lot of companies customer service sucks now days SMH.

I have known people who have dropped optics and in one case ran over a range finder to be fully covered and replaced at no cost. What I am saying how is stupidity of leaving a set of optics to be ran over more worthy of replacement vs that of normal wear and tear of a product that eventually fails with the "same" lifetime warranty. Like I had said in a previous post I do not believe that clothing should be put in with a lifetime warranty because there will a time when they do not function like they use to. Gander mountain tried selling me a warranty on a uv protection fishing shirt for a few extra bucks and if anything were to happen to that shirt it would be replaced. I asked him what is covered and he said everything from tearing a hole to fading of colors. Also like I have stated I was not expecting to get anything in return but to rather see how their customer service is for it being my first time sending in something. I wrote them an email stating what had happened to the boots the told me to send them in for inspection and they refunded them. Am I ashamed for sending them in after 8 years of use? No I am not they stood behind their name and product and for that I will continue to do regular business with them.

I think the keyword here is that they have a lifetime warranty for DEFECTS in materials or craftsmanship. Wearing out a pair of boots after 8 years is not a DEFECT. It is normal wear and tear. In the first post, it was stated they were abused. In my opinion only, you wore out a pair of boots that did not have any defects thus should have just bought a new pair and been happy. This is one of the reasons why Cabelas is so expensive. Someone has to pay for these types of things. To each his own, you are the only one who knows if there was a defect or if was just worn out and it is your conscience. Again, this is my opinion only based on the information provided.

Many people, also, do not realize that Cabelas eats millions of dollars a year in shipping charges. Very rarely is the cost of shipping what it actually costs them to ship stuff. I know this for a fact, as my wife dealt with it for eight years.

I would rather see them charge actual shipping, be realistic on warranty issues and lower their prices a bit.

Can't believe everybody flaming one guy because Cabela's decided to warranty some boots. Apparently people view lifetime warranty a lot differently than others of us. I buy items with lifetime warranties every time I get the chance. Vortex Optics proudly advertised their "VIP Warranty" and regularly shared stories like was mentioned above on their social media pages and their website. Badlands packs are the same way. If you're going to advertise then stand behind it and don't be upset when people claim it. Or else make the fine print a little easier to see.

I have worked retail my entire life.
Jamen, took the right approach, This is the problem, Can you help me, He did not demand anything.. Did not demand a refund.

Cabela's or any retail outlet would approach this favorably. He didn't nothing wrong. He was lucky.

Being nice has its rewards, even on 8 year old boots.

Personally, I would call Cabelas and give my credit back. Karma, It is a good thing.

Be fair with friends and business. Cannot go wrong!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back