Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Why don't we hunt more?

Tom

Here's a quote:

64% of hunters polled by USFWS (13,034) did not hunt as much as they wanted to.

Of those that don't hunt as much as they want:

36% said the primary reason was "family obligations"

4% said "cost too much/not enough money"

Doesn't that mean, we need more hunting activities for the family?

Like a family meat hunt tag or family doe season or something. We have special season and public hunts here for youth, as long as accompanied by an adult. I guess they didn't want to call it family weekend hunt because there's so many single mom's around.

Tom, I think the reason 64% said they dont hunt enough...is because its impossible to hunt too much.

They have a web site with this survey somewhere, they do it all the time to help the state fish and game agencies.

64% wanted to hunt more than they did,

even if it was 100% of the time.

At least I know, somebody read the post. If no one read it, I'm not sure it would be a post. We had a discussion like that a while back.

If a man hunts and no one sees him hunting, is it really a hunt?

Sort of like that, but whether it is or not, 64% wanted to do it more, that's what it said.

I would love to hunt more but just don't have the time anymore Or I'm I saying that I don't take time like I use to. I would just love to have more time in the day to do the things that I love to do.

I have a lot of things I liked to do more of, but I can only fit so many in one day at a time, and I don't want to rush any of them. Hunting and fishing are a couple of the big ones, but so are canoeing, camping, and woodworking.

Well......I would do a lot more subsistance hunting if they weren't so ugly with that "poaching" handle!
wink.gif

Well the truth is that you only have 3/4 of the year that you can hunt[in AZ], you can hunt coyotes, in the summer,but that`s about it, most of us don`t want a furbearer with a lousy summer coat, and then if you don`t get a tag for the fall hunt your screwed unless you go out of state, this is the first time ever my family didn`t draw a big game rifle tag in AZ,so i have to dust of the bow, and go back to hunting ,bandtail`s, blue grouse, and other stuff like archery deer, but it`s not a fun as elk,or deer, antelope,etc,so it`s hard to get as much hunting time as i would like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back