PEAX Equipment

Why don't all scope have internal anti cant bubbles?

Amazon 2 pack for $8.
Most of those are just junk. For one thing the bubble doesn't fit well between the lines and you end up having to guess when it does.
I like this particular model, but you have to set it up on the scope so that the bubble shows level when the vertical crosshair is vertical. You can do this by setting the scope in 2 V noches cut into the bottom of the scope box. Orient the scope so that the vertical crosshair is aligned with a straight edge on a building.

rcopRpH.jpg

There is also this useful little item which attaches to a Pic base and can be handy for making sure that your rifle itself is level, esp. if you use a Harris or other bipod.

NIFpieq.jpg

I have a Pic base with a built in level, but it is also near useless since it's hard to see and the bubble is a poor fit between the lines.

I like this particular model
Mounting Solutions Plus, they’re about $30. Not very fun to install but once it’s on, it’s done and it’s not going anywhere. I like the low profile design and the ability to mount it forward or back on the scope tube so you can see it with your non-shooting eye while still looking through the scope.

I broke two of the b-square pic rail ones that stick out so I’m not the biggest fan of those.

Article relevant to the topic.

The Sig Whiskey 5 has an internal system that will light up the right or left side of the crosshair if you are canted that way. Really nice design.

Considering I've never seen one in a scope I assume there's a completely simple reason that just don't know about, but it sure seems like it would be really useful. Anyone know why there isn't?
i do have 2 scopes with level's in them, they are older scopes . Springfield armory goverment model. no longer made .a touch cluttered with the range estimating in it

Last edited:
Hell, I'm a construction guy like @mtmuley w/ a plumb eyeball and a thumb that's exactly 3/4" wide...w/ colorful euphemisms for slightly/grossly unfavorable or correct increments.

*Bofus can hit a gnat's azz at 500 yards with a RUM and an old VX3...bygawt

Hell, I'm a construction guy like @mtmuley w/ a plumb eyeball and a thumb that's exactly 3/4" wide...w/ colorful euphemisms for slightly/grossly unfavorable or correct increments.

*Bofus can hit a gnat's azz at 500 yards with a RUM and an old VX3...bygawt
Harley, your from Texas. There's got to be a "fixin'ta" and an "ole son" in there somewhere. Possibly a "shoot dang."

But I agree, my calibrated transit/eye comes in handy.

Was searching details here on anti cant, and others experiences, saw some value in Carls PRS topic, but here- Please sweet baby Jesus somebody ban @OntarioHunter.

Friend and I were shooting rocks out at 1000+ and at one target we’re confused why we were both hitting consistently right by a foot in perfect conditions. The rock was near the top of a large sloping ridge. Riddle may be solved. Adding less than 1/2 ounce to my 7lb rifle. Can’t imagine adding something internal to an optically perfect rifle scope.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back