Yeti GOBOX Collection

Why do people say...

D

Dick Reece

threads that have gone bad, have gone "South"? I want to say here and now,if you ain't Southern,you ain't diddly [heh-he,here goes another thread headed "South"].You buncha Yanks and cowpokes are always bad mouthing us Rebs,and I say I'm American by birth,and Southern by the Grace of God!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
soapbox.gif

Buncha dad blasted mealy mouthed yanks and flea bitten cowpokes

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Keep it up.....you'un is wurst than them thar "galvanized yankees".

But your comment on "Goin' South" does come from when things turned sour on the "Redlegs" they headed for Texas, and thus the term "Goin South" was coined as when things went bad.

we wuz playing both sides,waiting for a chance to anihilate both armies and march on Washington.Them redlegs cain't hold a candle to us rednecks
biggrin.gif

Right there with you Nut
wink.gif

yep,mountaineers through and through...the only things them other bass ackwards compass folks ever mounted wuz there pets
wink.gif

I guess I ain't diddley... but I am not sure I wanna be diddley!
biggrin.gif

Actually I live in a state which was not part of this country or that conflict, and none of my ancestors lived in this country at the time either...
I consider myself neither Southern or Northern, but American... I am a hippie, but they were not involed in the civil war either.

I find it amazing people can take so much pride in being losers?
smile.gif
Especially some war they lost so long ago, which was fought for such an uncivilized thing as slavery.
Kinda like an old uncle, from the old country, who had to keep showing the grotesque scar he got fighting for the Nazis in WWII...

I don't think I ever have been in the old South (Mo wasn't a state yet was it?), dunno if I'll ever bother to go... Northern Hippie Commie like me probably ain't welcome anyway!
biggrin.gif

And all y'all got fer clambin' awn is sandrock anywho!

Jeff
wave1.gif

You've spent no time in West By Gawd,if you think we have no climbing rocks or cliffs.And if you think this thread is serious and there is any genuine loyalty to anything other than the US,I've got some beachfront property in AZ I'd like to sell you
biggrin.gif

Now,shet up,hippie,whilst I start another feud
wink.gif

Well, Diddley Squat......I guess they did a piss poor job of educating you as well.....The War for States Rights was fought over state's rights.....Slavery was not an issue til Uncle Lincoln made it one......after the fact.

Hah,I smell meat and taters comin to the front
biggrin.gif

Don't get serious on me now,this one is for kicks
smile.gif

Q:Say,what's 100 feet long and has 3 teeth ?
A: The funnel cake line at the WV State Fair!

elkgrin.gif

I guess I will just shut the hell up!
frown.gif

I wasn't serious either, I know there is good climbing all over the country... some of it even is in the Virginias (Seneca Rocks is a world class destination).
wink.gif

I also know the tallest mountain in the Mountain State is lower than most of our passes through the mountains... you guys must be foothillbillies!

14,480 feet with volcanic steam coming out of the top...now that's a Mountain!!!
biggrin.gif

Hey what does this B.S. have to do with Varmints and Varmint Hunting anyway?

Jeff
wave1.gif

Well Seldom it seems you've failed to stir up a single pilgrim, but I do believe you've riled a few mountain men.
rolleyes.gif
You know that could lead to some real wrasslin
fight.gif
fits on this board.

OOOOooo crap, here we go again!
biggrin.gif

FYI I'm from southern Colorado and I now live in southern Idaho and you hillbillys duno dutily squat about westerners.

Q: How did we go from hillbillys to hippies?

Q; anyone know how to get to Texas?

A: go east till ya smell it and south till ya step in it,,,
biggrin.gif

Now before we have to relive the Alamo, It was just a joke boys,,Ha Ha???

Talk about stepin in it.

sly

Step in what,and who would climb a volcano ?I didn't give this state it's motto,I just work here! Stand back boys,I'm feelin kinda crowded. Quarter round,pass me a funnel cake
biggrin.gif

Foothillbillies,I like it,it kinda grows on ya.I think we've got more mountains than any other state,thus the name.

Always remember,it ain't the size o' the mountain,it's the hillbillies in it!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I think we've got more mountains than any other state,thus the name.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It would have to be a percentage, as there are individual mtn ranges that are probably close to the size of WV. Plus, I think NV holds the percentage title (not 100% sure), but depends on definition of mountain. I do know this, what the mountains in ID lack in height they make up for in steepness. My ankles still hurt!
wink.gif

But to answer your question, I have to think it deals with South being at the bottom of the map, thus down is South.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-16-2003 07:30: Message edited by: 1_pointer ]</font>

Hmmmm,if down is South,everybody's been there at one time or another
biggrin.gif
!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back