MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Why am i working

It could be worse. This is same government that spent I think it was over $1M to determine what angle makes the best pictures for posting.

I have often wondered if the people who are doing this every year are natives who are simply netting them and turning them in.
I have to believe it is.

If you fished Monday through Friday, 50 weeks out of the year, rain, snow, wind or shine . . . you would have to catch over 40 pikeminnows every day to get to that number.

These things school up in certain places. If you did this every day or even remotely close to that you would know exactly where those schools are. 40 wouldn't be hard. Some fish are worth up to $500 so it lowers the number you need a day.

We used to get on some schools in the Clark Fork when I was growing up and we would catch that in a couple hours.

Bait costs could really cut into profits, but from the sounds of it a 1-time investment in some nets for catching salmon and steelhead smolts to use as bait could drastically reduce those costs.

I have often wondered if the people who are doing this every year are natives who are simply netting them and turning them in.
I have to believe it is.

If you fished Monday through Friday, 50 weeks out of the year, rain, snow, wind or shine . . . you would have to catch over 40 pikeminnows every day to get to that number.
Good point

Get a couple flat brim influencers to do an episode or two on the pikeminnow and there won’t be one left to catch within a year. Boat launches will be full and the river fished out.

I have to believe it is.

I think a couple people have been caught cheating in the past; I think it was getting fish from other people or fishing waters not included in the program

All in all what a fine use of my power bill…

So how do you fish for squaw fish?
soaking bait below dams. You can get a job working for the PUDs directly to just remove pike minnows at the dams.
1697585455654.png

It's crazy that we have a plethora of invasive smolt eating fishing in the Columbia and we still have limits (like no spearfishing for them), but the pike minnow is native and it's a damn near war on them.

soaking bait below dams. You can get a job working for the PUDs directly to just remove pike minnows at the dams.
View attachment 297547

It's crazy that we have a plethora of invasive smolt eating fishing in the Columbia and we still have limits (like no spearfishing for them), but the pike minnow is native and it's a damn near war on them.
Look how much people love the walleye.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back