Why all the touching and hugging?

All those out media companies moving to Bozeman. Every time I pass through there, I just want to hug it out.

In general, it seems like there are certain men who use the "women are more touchy feely" sentiment as an excuse to get touchy feely with women.
Like I said, I have never been comfortable with it, nor initiated it. It has always been a case of them latching on... and to not be offensive or a prude, I tolerate it. I do not believe in touching or hugging someone that is not my spouse, parent or child... but others are wired differently. I have always erred on the conservative side so as not to give a member of the opposite sex the feeling that I have ill intent or am a perv. My buddies even comment on how much self control I have by not looking at pretty women in bathing suits, short shorts, etc. I respect my wife and others.

Like I said, I have never been comfortable with it, nor initiated it. It has always been a case of them latching on... and to not be offensive or a prude, I tolerate it. I do not believe in touching or hugging someone that is not my spouse, parent or child... but others are wired differently. I have always erred on the conservative side so as not to give a member of the opposite sex the feeling that I have ill intent or am a perv. My buddies even comment on how much self control I have by not looking at pretty women in bathing suits, short shorts, etc. I respect my wife and others.

I didn't mean to call you out which I should have said specifically. Just the term being brought up reminded me of "those guys" who say "sup" to all their male friends but weirdly hug the one female in the group.

I for one am perfectly comfortable with hugs, female, male, who cares. I have several old buddies that I don't get to see very often, seems perfectly natural when a hug happens when we do see each other after months.

I guess maybe that's the difference. If it is a completely spontaneous and natural occurrence and not somehow contrived and awkward, I see zero issues.

Honestly with everything going on now it should be a moot point.

6 feet dammit. 6 feet.

i feel like whenever i get together with me and my wifes college friends and their spouses it seems the natural course of greetings and goodbyes include me hugging more of the girls of the group than the guys, even though i'm long friends with all of them (many of my guy friends married girls i knew and vice versa). i do feel more inclined to hug the girls and it seems they're more inclined to greet and say goodbye with hugs. doesn't seem worth overthinking to me. though not entirely applicable to the OPs comment regarding a tv host.

anyone on tv never knows what to do with their hands....

i feel like whenever i get together with me and my wifes college friends and their spouses it seems the natural course of greetings and goodbyes include me hugging more of the girls of the group than the guys, even though i'm long friends with all of them (many of my guy friends married girls i knew and vice versa). i do feel more inclined to hug the girls and it seems they're more inclined to greet and say goodbye with hugs. doesn't seem worth overthinking to me. though not entirely applicable to the OPs comment regarding a tv host.

anyone on tv never knows what to do with their hands....
CFE795B7-7A18-4626-B50A-E26F03224732.jpeg

All the concerned parties in this discussion should swap inReach numbers so you can continue this discussion when glassing sessions turn boring and unproductive in the fall.

Love the meme's :love:

I have also noticed a difference in generations. My Grandfather is very traditional and shakes hands with both genders. My dad will hug those in his family. My male friends like to "hug", some of it is innocent and some not.

I tend to put out my hand as to divert "hugs" from anyone not in my family.

Hunting related, I dont remember any hugs in the field. Good job or nice shot and a pat on the back.

I helped a friend the other day. He killed a buck, and when we found it, he gave me a hug.

It doesn't bother me, but I am a bit more emotional than most I suppose.

I am also one to just have fun. I pray for the animal after i kill it, but I still get excited and have a variety of emotions run through me.

I actually have this weird laugh/giggle when stuff goes right.

Met a guy at work last week from Oklahoma and went to shake his hand and he stuck out his elbow. Didn’t know wtf to do. Guess that’s the benefit of living in a rural area

Had a customer a couple days ago stick his hand out and I reflexively proffered mine...got the 4 fingers and thumb fingertip squeeze. I cringed on both accounts. Barely made it to the truck and sanitizer w/o picking my nose or scratching my eyes.

I am sure Johanna Clemond from France could use a hug from somebody. She has been hunting since she was 15 or 16 and is currently 23. She promotes hunting and dresses appropriately when doing so, BUT, she is a pretty girl with blond hair and makes a living by being in the modeling industry. She catches flak, even death threats ( and other types of threats/comments ) from male hunters and from female's and male's in the modeling industry who dont like 'hunting"

My hats off to her as she has not stopped doing either.

Brockel and Noharleyyet :love:

Lol you can tell it's August when a thread like this pops up. I hope in a couple weeks we are seeing a bunch of dead elk and deer and not going back and forth like panelists on the View.

It depends on how large ( or narrow ) ones view is of the hunting industry I guess

But I can take a hint

Ciao

Back