Caribou Gear

Who’s Made Money in Energy

Oil and gas are cash flow machines. For TLDR, Looks like all that cash is going to dividends and share repurchases and not new projects.

And a number of oil companies are trading around a P/E of 5. In contrast, Tesla is trading at a P/E of 50, with no dividend, and an owner who is not focused on its shareholders. The market doesn't make a lot of sense, most of the time.

And a number of oil companies are trading around a P/E of 5. In contrast, Tesla is trading at a P/E of 50, with no dividend, and an owner who is not focused on its shareholders. The market doesn't make a lot of sense, most of the time.
P/e is a function of growth, or ignores growth. PEG ratios are much close. XOM peg is 1.7, TSLA 2.2. You end up debating the ability of TSLA to hit that growth versus the chance price of oil grows faster. They are tied together in some ways.

P/e is a function of growth, or ignores growth. PEG ratios are much close. XOM peg is 1.7, TSLA 2.2. You end up debating the ability of TSLA to hit that growth versus the chance price of oil grows faster. They are tied together in some ways.
Though I’d argue current growth is being limited most by service costs, price could go up a decent bit and I don’t think companies would add rigs.

Though I’d argue current growth is being limited most by service costs, price could go up a decent bit and I don’t think companies would add rigs.
I think we might be using different definitions of growth. The numbers aren't really about rig counts or projects. If oil went from $75 to $100, or nat gas from $2.2 to $4, revenue and net income would go up. Viola! Growth. If they are not investing, at some point you are just betting on the price of the commodity.

I think we might be using different definitions of growth. The numbers aren't really about rig counts or projects. If oil went from $75 to $100, or nat gas from $2.2 to $4, revenue and net income would go up. Viola! Growth. If they are not investing, at some point you are just betting on the price of the commodity.
Sorry yeah I was defining it as expansion of the company, rigs/production/hiring/new projects etc.

Right now if oil went to $95 and gas $3 you probably would still see the rig count decrease and companies would just pay dividends.

speaking of ethanol, i'm suprised that shit hasn't been put in the cross hairs yet with the colorado river debacle and the conversations around best and wisest uses of water

i hate that ethanol crap. there is no greater way to waste resources and put more carbon in the air producing energy that way. such a waste of everything that is anything. gawd.
Biggest political farce that has gone on over 30 years. Complete lies and vote buying. That crap should have been put down decades ago. Problem is, politicians are so uninformed on the truth that many probably still think it's green and better than gas

Just say no to cheap Chinese solar panels.

Biden said yes to cheap Chinese solar panels today.

Saudi’s announce another 1m barrel cut and oil falls. Not a good look for the bulls. I hear a lot (not just from our friend) that second half demand will pick up. But also am still hearing a lot about a recession in second half.

I guess, I've made a little money in energy.

When the previous president came into office the stock price of the oil company that I retired from was at $85.89. When he left office the price was $47.89. So, not too good, about $170k loss on paper.

Since the previous president had his reelection stolen from him, the price has gone from $47.89 to ~$115 today. So, about a $300k gain.

Since we are taking pejorative shots at politicians we don't like. I am enjoying the legal difficulties the previous president is enduring, quite a lot to be honest.
Do you really approve of him shutting keystone pipeline ?
Do you really approve of him regulating energy and closing down Fed drillling in Alaska.
Do you really approve of all the illegal immigrants and drugs from China killing America coast to coast to Alaska.
Do you really approve of 13 Dead Servicemen at Abbey Gate in Afghanistan and the way the Withdraw happen.
Do you really approve of him handing a list of strategic targets in US to Putin in person.
So many other things !
Yes The election process has not been fixed since last election so maybe it will repeat it self.
But answer this question
Are you and Our country better off under Biden or Trump term in presidency ?
For me Trump / Lake 2024

Saudi’s announce another 1m barrel cut and oil falls. Not a good look for the bulls. I hear a lot (not just from our friend) that second half demand will pick up. But also am still hearing a lot about a recession in second half.
Up and Down until 4th Quarter.
Add to your positions in time of weakness.

Do you really approve of him shutting keystone pipeline ?
Do you really approve of him regulating energy and closing down Fed drillling in Alaska.
Do you really approve of all the illegal immigrants and drugs from China killing America coast to coast to Alaska.
Do you really approve of 13 Dead Servicemen at Abbey Gate in Afghanistan and the way the Withdraw happen.
Do you really approve of him handing a list of strategic targets in US to Putin in person.
So many other things !
Yes The election process has not been fixed since last election so maybe it will repeat it self.
But answer this question
Are you and Our country better off under Biden or Trump term in presidency ?
For me Trump / Lake 2024

No thanks. I hope Trump is in the big house, not the white house.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back