PEAX Equipment

who is ready for dove season

utahduckhunter

well here in utah my dove season will start on sept.2 opening day i been out scounting arourd found some dove hopefully the weather stay nice

Can't wait to fog a few rockets, but I hope it's cooler on opening day than it was last year. We had to quit the field about 2:30 when the temp got up to 96 without a breath of air moving. Murderous!

I hope they stick around long enough to post some boy/dog pictures. Don't give a damn if I collect any this year, as long as he gets to shoot some.

Looking forward to some upland hunting again for sure. Hoping to pop a few of these eurasian's as well that have been lurking around all year long.

Have some good hunting here in az. Will hit them on the afternoon of the 2nd.

I reckon this will be part of our camp setup again this year!
293175_2342687604819_3216615_n.jpg

304717_2342689764873_656095_n.jpg

311303_2342690124882_6376367_n.jpg

I love the early dove season here in AZ. Last year was a bust hunting the desert water tanks as water was widely available and birds were spread out. The year before the same spots were awesome.

If I get time I'll head out to the Gila River near Buckeye. The hunting has been good everytime I've hunted there and you can usually get a limit of white wings.

If time is short I'll try the desert tanks closer to home.

Good luck to all the wingshooters, may the force be with you.

Wally, are those sandhill crane on the grill? I have heard them called flying ribeye.

No dog/kid pics, but managed to find some invasive Eurasians. We passed on mourning doves and just shot the newcomers.. All in alla good time was had.

I have doves flying over my little piece of property, so I went out a few times and stood in the tree shadows a couple of times and got 6 doves for the day. I've never hunted specifically for doves before, so this is new to me. I went out today and only got 2 this evening. I've always considered myself a pretty good shot with a shotgun...until I started this dove hunting and am getting embarassed with all the misses...lol I think a tub of water and a Mojo tree set up is in order here pretty quick. This dove hunting is addictive!!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back