WHO is on WHO's side...

Spoof????? :confused: Is that something a toothless magician might say??? :rolleyes:

yawn.gif

elkgummer,
How did My name get brought Up?

misc15.jpg

Just an fyi...........I probably average atleast 50 days hunting a year.

I found a picture of E.G. :D
c063.jpg

How do you not sink Moosies Boat?????????????

I post down here mostly to avoid work. So maybe I am in group d.

I do find it hilarious how worked up people get on SI. I usually enjoy the debate, except for all the stupid posts against public lands grazing. :D

Nemont

Hey,
give a little credit :D
took me awhile to figure out how the hell to do that

Its meant as a joke.

Here's a political humor pole.

Who's the biggest joke?

John Kerry (37371) 51%

George W. Bush (18434) 25%

Ralph Nader (3659) 5%

Total Votes: 72349

I'm a quiet, but not necessarily anti-social quasi-lurker who pops in almost every day to see what's going on. I come in to learn, read the jokes (the ones actually in the "jokes" section), and have fun. Even with the "emotional" issues, I usually am not educated enough to have a pre-formed opinion, especially with "western issues". The problem with any debate these days is that both sides try to spin you to the extremes, leaving no one in the middle (except Moosie and I, I guess). Usually, I find that that the best solution is probably closer to the middle, than either end. Regardless, Team A and Team B often make good points (which help to educate we in the unwashed masses), until they spiral into flame wars, which although we all like to watch (kind of like car wrecks) would be better served to be taken into PM-land, at that point.

I guess I'm on my own team now.

Speaking of impassioned arguments, where is CJCJ been???

Well, let's add it up!! I hunt 100 days a year so that's the A list.
I respect PAWS, that's the B list.
I'm a MAsshole from Assachussetts(The Gay State) That's the Kerry list.(Tom, Take my Senator please!)
"Uh, what's the choices again?" That's the Dubya list.
If you don't know what I know, how can I teach you what I already learned the wrong way? If you know something I don't know, what the hell makes it so important that you have to try and use up 2 of the last brain cells I have left??? Uh, what list is THAT????
So, hope that makes my stand as clear as mud!!!

Chas

Chas I'm with you you! Uhhh; hey, could you change your name to Tonto? :D

Looks like there are even more than two sides in the side wars...LMAO!!! This is way to rich...
I will have to put myself into a class all unto myself also I would suppose, I hunt way different than most any one on the board. There are a couple that would jump out there with me in a second to follow along or visa versa, I don't think any of those stout people come into here very often. My political views come for the most part on what I see first hand as a witness, I usually look on with a jaded eye on things that I personally can't take stock in, unless it comes from some one I feel is very credible, with out to much of an adgenda to keep up on. That is what I think ticks a few off so much on the board, I don't take every thing they say as gospel, it has to be put thru the test of time and actual abservance. As I have stated before, I will take you to the places and show you the things first hand, not on things I find from others, that way you can believe me, or your lying eyes... :D

Elkchsr, in all honesty (not trying to be a smartass), do you know what you're saying with this statement?
I usually look on with a jaded eye on things that I personally can't take stock in,
If so, is that the way you really think? It seems like that would make it hard to learn anything new.

Oak

Good policy there Elkchaser!! :D Oranges seldom grow on a lemon tree; but, sometimes it happens! :D Moosie if you got your jewels in her eyes, she is upside down and you are breaking the law in 36 states! :eek: (Should I post a picture??) :eek:

Tell me some thing new Oak, that looks a little far fetched, and I will have to personally look at what it is your saying, I do some of my own searches on the net, I don't like posting a lot of it, so I don't, unless news stories come across yahoo that I find interesting. Example, tell me that there is way to much general damage being done by a certain animal/group/plant to the environment. I will have to then take some time and look at it, I don't really care for the easy way out for a quick fix. Buzz and 1pointer were talking about spurge, I told them I hadn't seemed to see it to the extent they talk about. It is quite prevelent here, just not to the extent that is spoken of. I was coming back from Ogden last year, and up on the hills all around, you could see the distinct yellow/green color of Spurge, it was absolutly every where. Now I can say that what they actually say is true, is so, but for the areas they see all the time. Not the whole Western region of the U.S. as wasn't actaully said, but elluded to. Grasses that have been over mowed by cows, I have spent the last 2 1/2 years watching fence rows, along freeway's, on hills, in valley,s, any where I tend to travel with this circus I belong to, or on my own. I noticed that in some places, it is eaten right down to the dirt, Southern Idaho for example, other places, the grass at the edge of the road to the fence is a great indicator of what it should look like if left alone. It is mowed to a certain extent, but not little corners, and they sure don't let livestock onto that side of the fence to graze, so just look at both sides and use your best judgement. I take note as to the locations I see the stuff, there is a lot I can actually tell you that I see, this thread isn't long enough to tell all. I wouldn't want to boar any one with the extent of what I see any way. When I get an individual or individuals calling foul of what I say, I can either show them on a map of where to look to the contrary, or if I happen to be in the area again, can show them what I see also. Not a hard concept, but very detailed. I revel watching wild life and learning to the molecular level about nature and it's interactions. I try to stay out of just the absolute surface stuff that most tend to see. I may notice 10-20 plants on a rocky surface at a glance, just the other day, I was pointing out the fact that there were five different types of grass growing just on the outskirts of Anaconda where we happened to be taking a walk, all with in ten feet of each other. I notice the difference in a forest by looking at the tops of the trees of the speice types, age and health at a glance. Some times it drives the kids on the fire crew nuts because I will have them playing games on trying to identify all of the plants they may see while sitting, if only by difference. They alway's miss about half until I point them out. I see vibrance, health and life in it's own fashion, even in areas others only see death and decay. I love the nuances that nature has to offer, the finest detail, and the amazement that Mother Earth can over come any thing that is put her way, given a little time. Man is so very shallow, thinking that if some thing doesn't or can't be fixed with in five years, the whole system as we know it will collapse into dust. This is just not so, there is possitive in all if you just look at it.
This planet operates on cycles, they may not be exact, but are pretty close, and if observed, do have patterns that can be measured to a point, but it will never be an exact science, no matter what any one likes to say...

Damn you Chaser!! Do you have any idea how hard it is for me to not say: "EG's Mother didn't have cycles??" :eek: But I'm not going to do it!! :rolleyes:

Back