Caribou Gear

Who is EVERYONE?!?!? PART 2

Name: Chris McKovich
AKA: MTranch (MT)
Marital Status: Not married and no kids that i know of yet
Years Hunting: Since I was 12
Occupation: Motel owner(recently went condos),Classic car restorer and split tail hunter
Weapons: 300 Weatherby Mag / P.S.E. Compound / Remington 700 front loader
Animals Taken: 6 deer, 3 Elk, 1 Bear , 2 Antelope, 12 alligators(one being 14'1" with 2 feet missing from the tail, numerous pheasant-chukars-doves-quail and ducks, 1 bobcat and 1 armadillo with a few raccoons-beavers and badgers 1 hog with my bow. too many yotes to count !!!!
Places Hunted: FL,AZ,ID,MT,ND,SD,AL,NV, and Alberta Canada

I'm glad to help out with any questions on places I've been and especially some of my favorite Idaho hidey holes as long as I get to hunt there first hehehe.
Chris(MT)

Steve Gabbard
aka: Death From Above
Married with 3 Year Old son
I have taken Lots of Whitetails,1 Bull Elk,Hogs,Turkey, Plenty of Ducks, Dove, Rabbits, and Squirrel.
I use a .300 Win Mag, .260 Rem, 10 Guage, 20 Guage, Knight Disc, and a Bada** Matthews Solocam
My main interests are Quality deer management and Western hunting

Name: Dan Shinn
Home: Mesa, Arizona
Email: '[email protected]'

Hobbies: Reloading, building custom rifles, hunting, shooting, fishing Marlin, (and now that I am divorced) anything else I want to do.
Best Friend: My Springer Spaniel, Matt.
Grew up in Hawaii, spent some time in the Army, moved around the world a lot in different jobs.
Been in Arizona for about 13 years. Like it. Specially the Elk hunting.

Name: Riaan Niemand
E-mail: [email protected]
Married since 1991, with two boys aged 4 and 2 ½ (my partners to be)

Started hunting from before I can remember. Grandpa hunted elephants for a living, dad was a post-WW2 PH, thus I kind of grew up hunting

My favorite rifles are a .223 Zastava, .308 Musgrave and a Mauser .404 Jeffrey, and a .22 Brno.

I love pigeon shooting (we have some of the best in the world!). During pigeon season I usually forget to pay the bills, lag behind on my correspondence, and in South Africa our tax returns must be in at the height of the pigeon season! Luckily, none of my family members have their birthdays during the pigeon season, not that I can think of anyhow.

I spend a significant number of days per year (150 days is the target for 2001), hunting plains game with guests. Besides being out in the veldt, the real joy of the job is meeting lots of new friends every year, and sharing some of their most memorable moments with them.

Have a merry Xmas & a super 2001!

Well since I just found this place let me introduce myself.

Name: Brian Hudgins (Hudge)
From: Grew up in Arkansas, but live in TX, and will be leaving soon.
Married: Yes, and have a one year old son named Huntere. (pronounced Hunter)
Have hunted deer, rabbits, squirrel, ducks, quail, and dove. Haven't done much hunting in the last 4 years, due to work. Miss duck hunting the most.

I can't decide which of my rifles is my primary one, and I'm wanting to get back into bowhunting.

Hi everyone. I am Bill or Billybob. I am from N.Y. State and made the big move to Jackson Hole over 11 years ago. It was a move I will never regret. Iam 47 years of age and started hunting when I was 14. Love getting new guns as much as hunting itself. My main hunting passion is elk, but enjoy mule deer, antelope as well. Am still trying to get me a bear and a moose. Am also trying to get me a sheep permit. Animals taken are too numerous to mention, but have gotten 9 elk in 10 years. Everything from a cow, a calf, spikes, raghorns up to a 7x7.

Name: Mark "Thumper" Boykin
AKA: "Thumper"
Web Site: http://www.geocities.com/thumper_67.geo

Email: [email protected]
Location: Bangkok, Thailand, via Savannah Ga, via Boykin South Carolina, Via Houma Louisiana (Been kick out of many States)

Married: 12 years w/1 kid (That I know of)
Years hunting: Since I was 12

Occupation: Occupational Safety and Health Engineer Offshore Drilling Contractor / Former Third Officer U.S. Merchant Mariner Tankerships

Weapon of choice: 300 WBY MAG. / Darton Bow

Places hunted International: Thailand, Burma, Malaysia, New Zealand, Argentina, Scotland and Canada

Places hunted in the States
Alaska, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, Michigan, Louisiana, Texas and Montana (add Wyoming this month)

Favorite types of hunting?? If it walks, runs, crawls, swims or fly's it is on my hit list!!!

hobbies:
Hunting, outdoor writing, web site design and more hunting

Okay, I'm the 99th to register here. Shoulda waited, in case that Moosie fella wants to give out a prize for 100! Anyway...

Name: Karl

33, single (still)
What I've hunted successfully: Moose, black bear, brown bear, caribou, blacktail deer, mule deer, fox, and birds/small game. Unsuccessful at: ELK!, Dall sheep, wolf, and lynx...I'll see if I can put some of these into the "success" column within the next year. I also want to go for mt goat, bison, and muskox, eventually.
What I use...
Bow: Mathews MQ-32
Rifles: Win 70 featherweight 7 x 57, Win 70 .338, among others. Haven't hunted with my Guide Gun yet, but spring bear's comin'up.
Hobbies: Fishing--fly and conventional, mainly salmon, grayling and pike.

Name: Todd
Home: Winchester,Wy. USA from Zachary, La.( in Wy. since 1986)
Yrs. Hunting:41
Yrs. Hunting Big Game:37
Married: To a woman who loves to hunt also
Children: 2 + 3 stepchildren
Grandchildren: 5 and 2 in "holding pattern"
Game Taken: Whitetail Deer, Mule Deer, Elk, Moose, Black Bear.Plus small game,birds, and varmints
Firearms: Hunt all big game with Win. Model 70, .375AI
Hobbies: hunting,shooting,handloading(and bullet casting),fishing,following Auto/motorcycle racing, travel

Josh= Josh Moechnig location: SE minnesota age :28 married 11 years, 3 children I live and work on the farm whare I grew up,spending most of my time as a youngster chasing after animals and trapping. Learning the land so well has aforded me many trophy witetails over the years. Someday I hope to be successful at elk hunting as well. I use a Rem 700 sendero in 300 Mag for most big game, a browning 223 for varmints or occasionaly deer.

I am going to take a stab at this "Who am I" stuff and hopefully I will get the question right.
Records show that I am Don Turnipseed but those records were done looong before computers so....
Age; I beleive that I am about 53.

Married:Many times..I have always said that after the first time.... it is kind of like falling off a horse. That first landing can be hard but you quickly learn that it is more important to keep their head up than it is yours. You horse folks know what I mean.

Where am I? North Fork, Calif. That is the geographic center of Calif. and is about 30mi. outside of Yosemite National Park

Hobbies: Dogs and hunting lead the list. Love the outdoors and camping. I raise airedale terriers for hunting and that is my true love...watching my guys do their thing. http://www.huntingairedales.com

What do I hunt: Well since the babes are running faster, or I am running slower, I have gotten a lot more serious about hunting. I have killed a few hogs.. and a few bear.. a few deer here and there and a little small game. Of course lions are tabu in Calif. so haven't done that. Haven't done any hunting out of state because I don't know what to do with all the dogs and besides, when you have made getting married a hobbie I can guarantee you that an out of state hunt would be a real luxury.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone on the board.
View

Name Joe Birdwell
Home Maryville, TN SW of Knoxville in the heart of the Smokey mountains.
Occupation Chiropractic physician

Usually hunt deer in Tennessee and Texas along with quail and a few grouse. Turkey in the spring. Elk everyother year or so.
Lived in Central Wisconsin for 12 years and hunted there. Have killed too many to count whitetail. Now I want a Muley or Elk.
Thanks to Moosie and friends for this great page.

Hello,

My name is Ray.
AKA: Ray, Alaska.
I an 50 years old, married and have two daughters and two boys. I retired from the military a few years back in Alaska, where I have lived for over 20 years. I started hunting a few years back, right after I purchased my first and only large game rifle a Ruger .338 Magnum.

I am a "meat hunter" and the only large game I have hunted is moose. Should you have any questions about my choice of gun, or about moose hunting, please feel free to ask.

Hello all!! or should I say Howdy before all the Aggie or Texas jokes start flying!!??
smile.gif

Name here is Ronny.
Live in Oakwood, Texas which is about halfway btwn Houston and Dallas off of I45.
Married to Jan for 17 great yrs!!
One son, Brian, 15yrs old who still likes to leave Nintendo to go hunt with Dad believe it or not!!
Have hunted mostly deer all life, coon and squirrel when I get a chance, getting into the hog hunting thing since we have so many around here. Going to New Mexico on my first elk hunt next year with my uncle who lives in Roswell
biggrin.gif
cant wait for that one!! Have also hunted some exotics here in Texas, Brian took a record book 4 horn ram a couple yrs ago and I got a Hawaiian Black.
Use mostly an 8MM I bought yrs ago when I got out of the military, son uses the .243 I grew up with, and wifey says I can buy a new gun for the elk hunt!! Any suggestions??!!
I am in sales for Marconi Communications, travel alot but really enjoy it.
Its always nice to come home to the woods here and watch the deer in the front yard!!
I dont always post alot, computer time is a battle around here!!! Like the forum so far and looking forward to meeting and talking with you all, er ya'll!!!
smile.gif

Happy New Year guys and be safe!!

Name: Tyson Taylor

Employment: Commodity trading (Energy).

Marital Status: Married to Jennifer seven years. Two boys. Four and two years old.

Hobbies: Archery, Rifle, and bird hunting. Reloading. Trout, steelhead and salmon fishing.

Years hunting and fishing: 28, my father was/is a very avid outdoorsman.

To the Hunt: My #1 passion is archery elk. Nothing better than a bull screaming at you from 12 yards away. I shoot a 72 pound Darton Lightning loaded with 29 inch 2413's with 100 grain Thunderheads.

I'm by no means an archery purist. If I have unfilled tags,freezer space, and credit with the wife, I'll break out the Ruger 77 300 Win Mag for elk or the Remington 721 30-06 for deer. I also bird hunt with the help of my German Shorhair.

Hunting Goals: 1)Draw a permit for Bighorn Sheep. This is my 8th year. 2) Stick a 300 class bull. I've got two decent 6*6's and smaller, but no real big boys yet. 3) Kill a 200 class mule deer. 4) Hunt Canada or Alaskan for moose.

Animals hunted/harvested: Elk/7, Mule Deer/11, Whitetail Deer/0, Antelope/1, Bear/1, Turkey/2. Lots of pheasant, huns, quail, chukar, sage hens, grouse, ducks and geese.

aka... Jeff Corey from Indianapolis, Indiana. 38 years old, married for seven years (I'm in way over my head my friends say... she's hot and I'm not!)and have a five year old son, Jeff, Jr.

I've only been hunting for 16 years but have killed caribou, pronghorn, white tail, zebra, warthog, impala and various upland game birds including ruffed grouse, quail, pheasant, etc. and lots of ducks. I also like to fish... fly and conventional. Most of my birds have fallen to my Browning Citori Lightning 12ga. For big game I like a Browning Stainless Stalker in 7mm Rem mag and my M700 in .280 Rem. Just bought a .300 Weatherby for elk!

Name is Steve Eaton
age 46 but feel like 30
Married-until I get caught

Own an antique and craft mall in Jenks, OK. Antique capital of Oklahoma (official). Dont know anything about antiques, just rent space to other dealers.

Have been hunting forever. Love to hunt elk, deer, and coyotes. Gone from recurves to long range guns. You ever seen a horse spot an elk? Mine will put them on point!
Newest favorite gun is my 338/378 BAT action, shoots .137 groups. Have 300 Winchester, 6/284, 25-06, 22/250 IMP, 222mag, and a few 22's.

Buy the best you can afford, life is too short not to see it.

Name Chris Hughes
AKA YOTE
Location Oklahoma
Age 35
Married 10 years-3kids
Hunted since childhood with family!
Occupation Technician
Weapons Well enough
Animals taken..deer,elk,bear,all small game,turkey,all kinds of varmints,hogs,birds of all sorts.ie..pheasent,quail,dove,ect.ect.
Fishing, I have three boats and like to fish for all kinds, I have my own nonprofit association called C.A.R.P.ASSOCIATION that of which is a not for profit association for the education of catch and release to help people know how to properly do so and the understanding of such!
Farvorite thing to hunt is varmints
I've been varmint hunting since I was a kid on the farm where I shot my first coyote with a 22 rifle that was trying to get are chicken in the coop!I've had articals published by North American Hunting Club that of which I'm a life member of.I love nothing more then to varmint hunt every chance I get.I own several call as do you I'm sure but we all have are faverite call to use and mine is the TALLY-HO to me nothing can top it!I've spent the last 8-years studying the art of using decoys and now will never hunt with out one or atleast with me in case i may need it.I'm now playing around making my own calls for the fun of it and had some great success with them as well.I like the open read calls the best just for the fact that you can realy put some life in to the calls.I now just use my remington 270 with 90gr.sierra varminter hollow points with winchester mag primers and 54gr.IMR 4950 powder at 3500fps, it will put a coyote down every time just don't expect to have much left after the shot.
I'm working on my first book to have published sometime soon I hope!I think you have a great site and look forward to posting here often!

Time to re-introduce myself.
Name:Gary Wilson
AKA: "Deacon"
Email: [email protected]
Married: Yep. Been married for 33 years to the love of my life. Also have two grown boys aged 33 and 30.
Years hunting: I've been hunting all of my life, having been born and raised in Wyoming.
Occupation: I was an electronics technician with the Federal Aviation Administration for 31 years. I retired in 1997. I then worked as an electrician for a good friend until this fall when I was stricken with a wierd condition called A.R.D.S. Now I can't work so I just stay home and hassle my wife.
Weapons: Several, but my favorite is my .338 winmag. I also have a 30.06, .270, 6mm, 3 shotguns (BPS, Stevens double, and an old Winchester model '97 that belonged to my Grandad.) My only pistol is a K22. Never have shot a bow, but it looks like fun.
Animals Taken: Too numerous to mention but my favorites to hunt are elk and mulies. Still looking for a really big elk. Have shot a 5 point but that's the biggest. Have shot some pretty respectible mulies and antelope.

------------------
cros_anm.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back