Caribou Gear

Who hunts on leftover tags?

I've put in for a pronghorn tag and may try for a leftover as well, but with only 3 weeks hunting not sure I'll even need it.

My last buck on a Wyoming leftover tag. Was able to buy TWO any antelope tags. Never had been in the area before and killed a doe with my bow on the second day, and went back and killed a buck with he rifle. That bow hunt served as a very important scouting mission for the rifle. Left my house early in the morning, got to the spot I'd seen the most antelope, and there they were. I actually missed a smaller buck, went over the rise and this guy was hung up in the fence, and had been for quite some time. I obviously didn't know that at the time and thought I had caused it by spooking the giant herd. Took him out of his misery.

I am having a think about which leftovers might be a good option for me. Is there a way of knowing what leftovers were offered last year? I know the list will be different this year but it will give me some idea what to expect this year. Thanks in advance.

I am having a think about which leftovers might be a good option for me. Is there a way of knowing what leftovers were offered last year? I know the list will be different this year but it will give me some idea what to expect this year. Thanks in advance.

PM sent

What does everyone think the later NR application deadline for deer/goat will do to the number of applicants, specifically the second and third choice tags that usually end up leftover? My thoughts were that there would be less because more will apply knowing they did not draw in other states already.

Does anyone have a list of leftovers from last year or any suggestions. Not looking for monsters just a buck for my daughters first year hunting. I was thinking of unit 15 or 16.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back