Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Who has the biggest Black Bear!?!

Some people don't like the idea of hunting over bait. Doesn't bother me and a great way to get an ethical shot and to select large, age-worthy boars.

Just my opinion though.

It's much easier to make a double lung shot from the ground. If you make a double lung shot all the time. You get a good look at the bear. I'm not buying what you said.

Here's the list of Boone and Crockett bears. Not counting Alaska.

1.Wisconsin — 654 entries
2. Pennsylvania — 341
3. Alaska — 232
4. Minnesota — 181
5. California — 165
6. Colorado — 153
7. Arizona — 142
8. North Carolina — 141
9. Michigan — 116
10. Washington — 76
Isn't Alaska #3 there?

Here's the list of Boone and Crockett bears. Not counting Alaska.

1.Wisconsin — 654 entries
2. Pennsylvania — 341
3. Alaska — 232
4. Minnesota — 181
5. California — 165
6. Colorado — 153
7. Arizona — 142
8. North Carolina — 141
9. Michigan — 116
10. Washington — 76

WI again for the win but you wont get a tag for the bears in the part of the state where you could score on a 500 pounder until you apply for about 8 to 10 years. Both my sons now have 10 years worth of points. I got my last bear in WI in 2016 so Im many years from drawing again. There are parts of WI where you can draw a tag every other year (southern WI) but you would be pretty hard pressed to find a really big one. My nephew shot a 400 pounder a few year ago in once C and it made the news.

My biggest bear made P&Y and was just north of 400 pounds and was a DIY hunt back when I lived in the far north. All the bears Ive taken in WI have been with a bow.

I vaguely remember one being trapped or killed near Glenwood Springs, CO that was pushing 700 pounds. Probably eating out of a dumpster.

WI again for the win but you wont get a tag for the bears in the part of the state where you could score on a 500 pounder until you apply for about 8 to 10 years.
Wrong. Me and Gussyfarm have land where tags are far less years to draw. As low as 3 years

It will be interesting to see what happens with the unit shake-ups in WI for the 2021 season, but you had a shot of drawing in the northwest corner with 5 points this year.

Clark county has some hoggs, including either the current or not so long ago archery state record

A while ago but this is a spring bear. 2 mineral blocks are a good size reference. Not 500 but not under 400 in the fall. Neighbor shot a 500 and DNR trapped even bigger off his land for raiding his maple sap

Attachments

• 201.jpg
    201.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Clark county has some hoggs, including either the current or not so long ago archery state record
Lots of big bear in our county. The wife was hunting two different 500 pound bears this past season. Almost every year at least one giant is killed by my house, my neighbor shot a 607 in 2018. I would take the zone c tag over any of the north zone's 10 out of 10 times.

Who has the biggest Black Bear?
My x-wife had a big one but she didn't call it her "Black Bear"Ha!,Ha! 〽💥

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back