Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Who has killed what with a .243

I shot my first mulie last year with my 243 (my is the youth model being only 5'1" need the shorter stock and all). I just love this gun not much recoil and a sweet shooter all around.

------------------
Happy Hunting
Lady Hunter in AZ
jessica1.gif

Thanks for sharing all of your experience. Since I still have not shot this rifle and it is new in the box, now I am thinking about trading it off. I have a .300 mag which I use for elk and deer, a 30-06 which my wife uses for elk and deer, and a single shot .223 H/R varminter I use for chucks and such. Any suggestions on the best caliber for a long range flat shooter, for deer and antelope? I saw a guy this year drop a mulie at 450+ with a .264 Win Mag, is that the ticket, or a .280? Once again I appreciate all opinions.

Shoot straight

Hey Buddy,

You already have the long range gun you need!
300 mag will do the trick!
I mean hey, they use them for 1,000 yard matches with iron sights....... so 400 -500 yards is no sweat!
JB

Many deer in Texas die from a 243 so it must be ok for that HOWEVER it was designed as a varmint cartridge.
My daughter and I have killed a number of whitetail deer on our ranch with hers.
Yes, I aware elk have / or killed with it but then the Eskimos have killed P-bears with a 22 Hornet...no sign I should or wish too.
Enjoy with deer and down. We too like other posting here you the Federal with 100 grn bullet load.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back