Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Who has caught a bass over 10lbs?

I don't think any one down here really catches any thing, cept flipper, and that was 18 yrs ago with out a pole and he had to pick them out of the water belly up....

I never caught one over 10 that would let me put it in the boat....
broke them off. 2 over 10 1 over 12... all of them at pleasant 2 on westy worms 1 on texas rigged 4" lizzard....

At canyon my partner caught a 12.97 on a westy work in a tourny fish at both lake were 25' to 30' deep.... He also had three other fish over 8lbs that I lost at the boat for him with the net all on westy worms with in the same hour...

When my 10 comes it will be on my wall LOL

Delw

Delw

Nope not me, none even close :(

Biggest me ever hook and landed was an 8lb and if someone would look at his email, you could see the pic
:D

BW1.jpg

"I looked at my email Delw"
hahahaha.......ELKCHSR :D

WattsBar lake

8" plastic worm
black and silver
Berkley Trilene 10lb test
spring time

and from the bank....didn't take the boat that day :D

once again ive got quite the advantage over most because ive lived in fla all my life! but here goes : ive caught 40+ fish over 8lbs ,13 of them being over 10lbs and the very biggest being 11lbs 8oz. ! now most of them were caught on live bait "huge shiners!!!" but the biggest i caught in 1993 during a redman tournament on lake toho. it was big fish and we ended up placing 5th overall the fish paid me $3500 cash! which in turn i bought my first real bass boat a "cajun". Two years ago in the wolfsons invitational tourny (biggest tournament east of missisippi river) i caught an 8lb 3oz fish that we thought was gonna hold but, boy was i mistaken we ended-up placing 11th and won $500.00 but there were 7 fish brought in bigger than mine:( and the winning string i believe was 41 lbs in a seven fish limit!!!

For those of you lucky few who have caught bass that weighed over 10lbs, I'd like to know a few things:

1. which lake?
2. what lure(size, brand)
3. what time(spring, fall, day or night)
4. what line(brand and lb test)
5. do you have a pic?(please post it too, if you can)

I'm just curious to see if there's a common thread here somewhere, so please be honest, ok ok, be half way serious. :rolleyes:

Hey got fish? thought you wanted pics of bass that had been caught???

Why is a deer hunter, me , the only one posting pics
;)

Very good question FLIPPER.
It does make one wonder why it is a hunter that is posting the pics in the fishing forums. Well I can tell you this much, from what I have seen, this deer hunter is one hell of a fisherman too :D :D
Perhaps more so than the supposidly fisherman down here :D :D

That is a nice fish FLIPPER.

bw7.jpg

And that one weighed in at 20lbs 4 oz and was 34" long.

It is a striped bass or rockfish depending on where your from, here they are called both. :D

Great fish flipper...
Now you didn't stand on the dock and when some one came in bribed them to let you take that did you....LOL!!!!
C'mon the rest of you .......Money is ticking and I see mouths are still just running....LMOA!!!! :D

haha...ELKCHSR...thats the back of the boat not a dock

guess I will have to dig up some more pics, looks like I'm the only hunter/fisherman down here :D :D

Ask Moosie about the big one he caught sometime. Rainbow bass, Gatun Lake, Panama. And I think he was about 5 years old.

Now there is some more fish!!!I knew if the razzing didn't stop, we would get a few any way....LOL!!! :D :D :D

Can ya hear it ELKCHSR..........the fish section has come alive
sad03.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-13-2002 12:43: Message edited by: FLIPPER ]</font>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back