Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Who Else Is Stoked for 2021 Season!?

amalpine

Just submitted my draw application here in NM for elk, deer, oryx, sheep, and pronghorn. Mostly bowhunts. Im starting to get real antsy about getting out there and just wanted to see what everyone was doing to prepare for this season? Anyone getting in shape, trying out a new scouting method, practicing their shots? Just want to keep fueling my excitement with others' excitement so lay the stoke down here!

Can't wait to hit the Colorado Rockies this is my 6th season able to do this we start planning for next year at elk camp easy motivation to keep working out thru the year . Good luck to all on their draws and stay healthy !!

I am excited, my last hunts of what I consider last season only just happened about 10 days ago though.

Turkey season starts the first weekend in April. Very excited for that.

I put in for mule deer in New Mexico. I have very low odds of drawing the tags I put in for, but there is a chance.

I am planning on an antelope hunt in Wyoming that I am super excited about. I just hope it doesn't get blown because of a run on the bank as far as non-res cashing in points there.

Then there is always deer season here at home.

When I type that all out it reinforces how much I like hunting. Or that I have an addiction. Whatever.

Lot of money flying out the door this week applying for tags in WY, CO, MT, and UT!

In the short term - I’m excited for shed season 👍🏻

My 2020 season was an absolute shitshow. One disaster after another. Really hoping my bad luck is over and things go smoothly this year. Right now im just pumped thinking about spring bear hunting. Should find out if i drew sometime this coming week. Good chance, going in with 5 points. I feel like if i draw spring bear everything will be right in the world again.

I have trepidation about a closed border, and because of my plans am forgoing drawing for any September tags, it makes me nervous.

I'm getting really excited for the 21 season. If all goes well I'll be chasing bugling bulls in September just outside Yellowstone, hunting mule deer in Colorado, and hunting Whitetails in Alabama in January. Add in our regular PA seasons and I might have my best season hunting. I'm down almost 20 pounds since January and plan to hit the hiking hard getting ready for fall. Good luck to everyone in the upcoming draws!

Bears will be coming out in 6-7 weeks. A little steelhead and trout fishing between now and then. . . hopefully. The to-do list on the homestead doesn't seem to get any shorter! Halibut over the summer. . . Then the main event being deer in the alpine kicks off the last week of July. My oldest boy bought me/us a tent stove as a birthday present last month. Now I need to pull the trigger on the tent to go with it!

Last edited:
I just stoked the fire. Does that count?
Ran into a small herd of elk down the road from home the other day. Couple dozen cows with some spikes in the bunch sparing.
Looks like I'll be getting firewood early this year as roads will be dry and passable into the Gila,my woodpile. I'll go scout for deer while getting wood.
Got lots of work on my porches to do this summer so mid season scouting will be used and I'll have a porch to scout elk from....I'm stoked. lol

Back