Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Who Else Is Stoked for 2021 Season!?

Yes, wife sent in her apps for CO last week, should get mine in today. Sandhill flocks everywhere.
For some reason the sound , along with load limits, kicks off the season.

Just submitted my draw application here in NM for elk, deer, oryx, sheep, and pronghorn. Mostly bowhunts. Im starting to get real antsy about getting out there and just wanted to see what everyone was doing to prepare for this season? Anyone getting in shape, trying out a new scouting method, practicing their shots? Just want to keep fueling my excitement with others' excitement so lay the stoke down here!
Im crazy stoked, all I can think about! I put in for all my stuff here in colorado where Im from and some other states including NM. Im shooting my bow twice a week, replacing some gear and getting ready. Buying a rooftop tent is on the maybe list. Def am already doing some e-scouting. I put in for some slim chance draws in NM, but plan on coming down late season as my last resort. I love NM

Bears will be coming out in 6-7 weeks. A little steelhead and trout fishing between now and then. . . hopefully. The to-do list on the homestead doesn't seem to get any shorter! Halibut over the summer. . . Then the main event being deer in the alpine kicks off the last week of July. My oldest boy bought me/us a tent stove as a birthday present last month. Now I need to pull the trigger on the tent to go with it!
KIFARU!!! Im thinking bear too!

Oh yeah I’m stoked also. Off the whole month of April. Will be in Kansas for a week moving stands, building a blind, checking cameras and then off to Alaska for brown bear hunt on Kodiak. November back to Kansas for The month for deer. Was supposed to be in Canada 🇨🇦 for a Muley and Caribou but we all know that deal.

Just submitted my draw application here in NM for elk, deer, oryx, sheep, and pronghorn. Mostly bowhunts. Im starting to get real antsy about getting out there and just wanted to see what everyone was doing to prepare for this season? Anyone getting in shape, trying out a new scouting method, practicing their shots? Just want to keep fueling my excitement with others' excitement so lay the stoke down here!
I’m trying to do one 10-12 mi hike and > 1500 vertical ft per week. Schedule doesn’t always permit, but I do my best. I try to use trails that I might hunt...It’s a good opportunity to passively scout areas during the off-season.

Every year that passes is more depressing as point creep is killing me and I am not drawing tags.

Going to have to lower my standards for 2021.

Totally stoked bro until results start hitting, hope to increase stokedness after that but if not still have a good season planned. I am WAY overdue to draw something!

Yes! Going back to Idaho with my longest hunting partner back to our old stomping grounds. Good or bad it will be fun.

I am not necessarily stoke for the 2021 hunting season(any more than usual anyway) as I won’t be making any trips out west this year. However I am excited to be researching some new trips for the 2022 and 2023 seasons. Sometimes the research and prep is almost as fun as the hunt....almost.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the nm draw this year, we're having our first baby in August so I had to apply for all late season. Now to explain to the wife that the new pack is to.. uhh.. carry the baby around..

Pretty much following the same pattern. Same game, mostly rifle. Starting to up the workouts to shed weight. Doing onxmaps and gohunt scouting and counting the days!

I'm cautiously optimistic about the nm draw this year, we're having our first baby in August so I had to apply for all late season. Now to explain to the wife that the new pack is to.. uhh.. carry the baby around..
If it can carry a hind quarter, it can carry a baby!

Just don't put the baby in the game bag; that is frowned upon! ;)

Pretty much following the same pattern. Same game, mostly rifle. Starting to up the workouts to shed weight. Doing onxmaps and gohunt scouting and counting the days!
Thought I read you were doing onxmaps and donut scouting! :LOL: I was really impressed, then I re-read it.🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Every year that passes is more depressing as point creep is killing me and I am not drawing tags.

Going to have to lower my standards for 2021.
Your not alone in the no tag department, my hunting partner and I haven't drawn a tag in two years

Stoked ?!?! YUP !! Wyoming applications have been sent. Tuesday my Kansas group gets together and files applications for that state. Motel room is reserved in NY for the first few days of Turkey season. Cabin is booked for second week of May for walleyes. New Humminbird Helix on the boat. A few days ago I watched two separate flocks of turkeys : 2 dozen in one flock and four dozen in another on land I hunt behind my house. Going to be tough waiting for May ! Secured enough hunting ammo for a few years. Anxiously watching any news regarding the Canadian Border.

Just built this out in Kansas for bow season and heading to Alaska on the 18th yeah I am stoked for 2021

Attachments

• 012AEEED-A5D2-4076-9BA6-B17028FB791A.jpeg
    012AEEED-A5D2-4076-9BA6-B17028FB791A.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: LCH

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back