Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Who do you trust more with public lands/who will you vote for?

Who do you trust more with public lands/who will you vote for?

• Trump with public lands

Votes: 39 37.5%
  • Clinton with public lands

Votes: 45 43.3%
  • I will vote Trump

Votes: 61 58.7%
  • I will vote Clinton

Votes: 16 15.4%

• Total voters
While I tend to "trust" Hillary more on the public lands that I believe so strongly in, she has also said regarding the abortion issue that "...deeply held religious beliefs have to change...", that in and of itself should scare the pants off of everyone. If I can't even maintain whatever long held beliefs I happen to have if they don't please the government, then what truly is mine that they can't take away from me. Read this post for what it is, it's not a abortion/religion post.

There's a bazillion seven word quotes from every candidate (and person alive) that should scare the pants off of everyone.

I used to love (kinda?) talking politics at break time at work before I retired. I always got po'd when we did and usually wanted to kick the holy chit out of all those who didn't agree with me cause I was positive I was right and they weren't. But Randy is right to try and put a stop to that talk on this Forum cause this thread is slowly heading down the same disgusting path similar political threads have and it frustrates the hell out of me. For my own sanity I refuse to comment further.

If your conscience says you must vote for Hillary or Trump because, well, one of them is going to win, then you have a difference conscience than I do. I will do as Hillary and Cruz said, and vote my conscience. It's really all I've got. Strategy got us where we are today. If you like where we are, by all means, vote for one of the two. But a vote for a Party-loyal person (R or D) is a vote for the owners of our system and that ain't us simply because so many of us vote strategy. Simple as that. Nothing will change until we quit voting for Party-Loyalist.

Trump won't be bad for our public lands with the two older boys of his being staunch hunters and conservationists and don't believe they aren't in his ear giving advice!

Do you seriously believe suggestions from his sons will sway Trump, when they directly contradict the GOP's official party platform?

This is not Father Knows Best. This is the multibillion$ business of the GOP. Trump would never veto the bill to sell federal public lands that the GOP has worked toward for years, and expects to get with this election.

From the 2016 GOP Platform:

https://prod-static-ngop-pbl.s3.amazona ... T_12_FINAL[1]-ben_1468872234.pdf

"The federal government owns or controls over
640 million acres of land in the United States, most of
which is in the West. These are public lands, and the
public should have access to them for appropriate
activities like hunting, fishing, and recreational
shooting. Federal ownership or management of land
also places an economic burden on counties and
local communities in terms of lost revenue to pay
for things such as schools, police, and emergency
services. It is absurd to think that all that acreage
must remain under the absentee ownership or
management of official Washington. Congress shall
immediately pass universal legislation providing for
a timely and orderly mechanism requiring the federal
government to convey certain federally controlled
public lands to states. We call upon all national
and state leaders and representatives to exert their
utmost power and influence to urge the transfer of
those lands, identified in the review process, to all
willing states
for the benefit of the states and the
nation as a whole. The residents of state and local
communities know best how to protect the land
where they work and live. They practice boots-on-
the-ground conservation in their states every day.
We support amending the Antiquities Act of 1906 to
establish Congress’ right to approve the designation
of national monuments and to further require the
approval of the state where a national monument is
designated or a national park is proposed. "

Last edited:
The real question should be who do you trust to appoint someone to the Supreme Court. We already know what to expect from Hillary, I will take the gamble on trump .

Do you seriously believe suggestions from his sons will sway Trump, when they directly contradict the GOP's official party platform?

This is not Father Knows Best. This is the multibillion$ business of the GOP. Trump would never veto the bill to sell federal public lands that the GOP has worked toward for years, and expects to get with this election.

From the 2016 GOP Platform:

https://prod-static-ngop-pbl.s3.amazona ... T_12_FINAL[1]-ben_1468872234.pdf

"The federal government owns or controls over
640 million acres of land in the United States, most of
which is in the West. These are public lands, and the
public should have access to them for appropriate
activities like hunting, fishing, and recreational
shooting. Federal ownership or management of land
also places an economic burden on counties and
local communities in terms of lost revenue to pay
for things such as schools, police, and emergency
services. It is absurd to think that all that acreage
must remain under the absentee ownership or
management of official Washington. Congress shall
immediately pass universal legislation providing for
a timely and orderly mechanism requiring the federal
government to convey certain federally controlled
public lands to states. We call upon all national
and state leaders and representatives to exert their
utmost power and influence to urge the transfer of
those lands, identified in the review process, to all
willing states
for the benefit of the states and the
nation as a whole. The residents of state and local
communities know best how to protect the land
where they work and live. They practice boots-on-
the-ground conservation in their states every day.
We support amending the Antiquities Act of 1906 to
establish Congress’ right to approve the designation
of national monuments and to further require the
approval of the state where a national monument is
designated or a national park is proposed. "

Yes I do or I wouldn't have made the post saying that and if you haven't yet figured out that Trump is his own man and the party platform doesn't mean squat to him I have some swamp land out in AZ for a real good price! He and his eldest son have actually discussed the transer/sale of the public lands and said what I stated in a couple of interviews several months ago, but you must not have been listening. They also discussed the 2nd amendment and gun ownership during those interviews.

Last edited:
The real question should be who do you trust to appoint someone to the Supreme Court. We already know what to expect from Hillary, I will take the gamble on trump .

That, Sir, is exactly why we can't let another Lib in the White House. If we do, she may only be there for 4 or 8 years, but the people should could possibly put on the SC in several spots that will be coming up soon upon retirements or deaths will last for decades since they are lifetime appointments.

He and his eldest son have actually discussed the transer/sale of the public lands and said what I stated in a couple of interviews several months ago, but you must not have been listening. They also discussed the 2nd amendment and gun ownership during those interviews.

I have been paying full attention. Post that source so we can read it, in case your recall is as questionable as your naivete about the perilous future of public lands and hunting. Come to think of it, don't bother. Whatever Chump said on record a few months ago, he will have changed his story multiple times by now, and will change again if elected.

Another way to ask the question is what do you trust more:

Trump with a GOP congress or Clinton with a GOP congress? 4 years of gridlock doesn't seem so bad now, does it? :)

I hadn't thought of that, and I can now see Trump as the suppository that would unleash the *redacted* in congress. :eek:

I have been paying full attention. Post that source so we can read it, in case your recall is as questionable as your naivete about the perilous future of public lands and hunting. Come to think of it, don't bother. Whatever Chump said on record a few months ago, he will have changed his story multiple times by now, and will change again if elected.

You obviously missed those interviews with outdoor writers from several big magazines. I'm also not at all naive about the perilous future of gun rights, hunting, and our public lands. If you don't think every candidate in every election is telling people what they think the people want to hear in each spot they speak, then I suggest you take a hard look at others besides Trump. Please don't attack the messenger in a thread like this since Randy has been very specific on how a thread like this should be discussed and we are to be civil or not post.

I can't vote in this poll because I trust both of them equally, which means not at all, and I am not going to vote for either of them. My vote will not help Hillary get elected because Montana is going to go for Trump. My vote will increase the percentage that a third party earns and enable them to gain access to public funding. Both parties are so far off the rails that neither represents the everyday American. I may be liberal, but I am no democrat, and hell will freeze over before I cast a vote for Hillary.

Top gun, while I agree trumps interviews on public land were appealing, after them he was asked in another interview where he almost didn't even understand what they were talking about and basically side tracked around the question. That was a good pausing moment for me on him. IMO, it's not a safe bet public lands will stay public under a trump presidency.

Hunttalk is a forum for on your own hunters. Hunters who prefer to hunt without guides, on public lands.

This line comes up when HUNTTALK is googled. A lot of what I am seeing on here leads me to wonder about that statement. Polarization is a wonderful thing. Really am looking forward to this September hunting Blue Grouse on USFS, October hunting antelope on Montana FWP/landowner cooperative BMA, November hunting Muleys on USFWS ground, and December hunting roosters on Montana state land. Who knows what us serious public land hunters face 2017 hunting season. Good luck to us all

We're gonna need it

Last edited:
50% of Americans identify as independent. Gary Johnson and Jill Stein combined are approaching 25%. Pretty illegitimate poll.
Don't ask me if I want coors or bud at the microbrewery.

Lol! Perfectly said...

Ones a moron the other a crook......worst election choices in a long long time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back