Caribou Gear

who carries a chainsaw?

S13tsilvia

So I have been watching lots of YouTube vids on guys going elk and deer hunting and noticed that it appears most of the guys who drive up into the hills dont carry a chainsaw? Is this correct or just magic editing ?

Down here in Aus it's pretty much a standard thing to carry when going bush?
They take up little room and a real life savers.

After really big winds and storms it's pretty much the norm to have to cut your way in or out on a weekend when going hunting down here in Vic. Especially when you go down tracks rarely used while chasing hounds and deer.

Here in Montana my hunting friends as well as myself always have a chainsaw. We have been down to many roads with downed trees going in or coming out to not bring one along

A chainsaw pretty much lives in my truck when hunting season comes on, fallen trees or firewood, comes in very handy. Doesn't go on my pack though! lol

Depends on where you’re hunting. Tons of western hunts where it’s completely unnecessary. I have but mostly don’t.

I hunt VT every year and carry a small chainsaw in the truck. Not unusual to have a few deadfalls across the roads.

Any mountain hunt we have a chain saw and pull chain, in the truck.
We will mostly carry it on the 4wheelers too.
Also, shovel, tire chains, and Energy Recovery too.

Always have one in the truck . Stihl 192 t top handle . Lots of power for it's size. When you need one you really need one !

We always take a chainsaw. Have had to cut several trees across the forest service roads in areas we hunted.

I can not imagine not having a chain saw. Fishing holes, igloos, downed trees both in the mountains and streams , whale butchering . We were just awarded 15 million dollars for equipment to help us feed ourselves, which include equipment-- chainsaw, firearms, etc

We bring one every year. This was the first year we needed it but we used it every couple hundred feet after a fresh snow and wind combined to bring down lots of trees.

Back