Whitetail deer

That's the kind of buck that would make it easy to give up a mule deer tag....

There must be a story to go along with the photo...unless you shot it from the window of your truck while driving to your hunting spot. Come on, details!

Not much of a story on this one. There was no pre-scouting and I didnt know he was even around. I am a die hard muley hunter. Love to sit for hours and glass. This deer was none of that.

My family gets together around the last days of deer hunting season. We usually try to get the people that didnt fill there tags during the season to get a deer.(have to make sausage) Most of the time I have my tag filled with a muley, not this year.

We went a spot we usually go. Most of the deer we see here are small. Maybe a smallish 4 or 5 pointer is around. There we 2 of us with deer tags. Myself and my niece. We set up in a area that they usually cross. We sat about a 100 yards apart. The gang started the deer drive. After a while I hear my niece shoot a couple of times. I could see that she got a deer. I meanwhile saw nothing. I was about to get up to see what kind of deer she got when I see a deer sneaking through the brush. He didn't look that big when I first saw him. He popped out of the brush at around 40 yards and I let him have it. When I walked up to him I couldnt believe what I just shot. He seemed to get bigger as I got closer. Wow.was all I could muster. I know I will never get a bigger one. He is a 6x8. Scores around 173 or so.

Thanks for reading.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back