White fronts (speckelbellys)

cornfed

The whitefronts or speckelbellys as some call them are really migrating through iowa right now,but never seem to see them in the fall. Anybody out there get a crack at them in the fall. If so where, looks like your going to have a good fall.

Get a few of them on the west side of the Cascade Mts. Sometimes they are flying through fast, others they stick around for a while. Have a friend who has shot a few over the years. But I have not. Just a lot of snow's, I think I am around 200 or so over the past 4 years... with 2 banded birds in 04-05

Do you have a spring season on snow geese. They go through in about 3 days in the fall but in the spring it takes them a month to go through. My son has been doing quite well this spring. The first flock they jumped this year they got 15 birds with 3 banded birds. one was double banded so the two of them each got two bands each. Yes they were very excited. Good luck this fall, any good recipes for the white ones.
Todd

No spring season in Wa on migratory. The numbers are not there yet. But the snows are continuing to grow. Over the past few years they have gone from 60k to almost 90k. I think this year was around 80-90k. They stick around the Skagit valley for a long time. Lots of eats for them and the weather never realy turns all that bad. I want to go to SD, ND for a spring hunt, maybe next year. Ya thats what I keep telling myself.... But soon. Do you happen to have any pics of some of the flocks this year?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back