Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Whisky has no e, for peat's sake!

For me, Scotch is king. I like anything by Glenmorangie, Oban 14, Balvenie DoubleWood, Highland Park, Old Pulteney (this will warm your innards on a cold night), Aberfeldy. For Irish, I like Redbreast 12, Teeling Single Malt, and Connemara Cask Strength (peated). For a cheap Irish Whiskey in cocktails, try Paddy's. I'm still exploring Bourbons, and didn't care for Eagle Rare. For Rye-based cocktails, Rittenhouse.

Its bourbon for me. I don't stick to one, part of the fun. Knob Creek 9 year, Knob Creek 9 year cast strength, Knob Creek 12 year, Elijah Craig, Angels Envy, Wild Turkey 101, Buffalo Trace, Widow Jane, Eagle Rare are all on my shelf. Eagle Rare is a good value for the price. Buffalo Trace is my son's favorite.

Not much of a fan of Hudson Baby Bourbon or Woodford, too "oaky" for me.

Tomatoes, tomato.
Potatoes, potato.

With or without an e, bubble wooshkey is a head ache in a bottle for me! 😜
Now a sweet blackberry wine? What's NOT to like? Especially since I grow, pick and ferment the berries! 😉!

...always save a few for jelly! 😀!

Bourbon fan here, my wife loves scotch a tad more than bourbon.

The free state of Idaho however, is a virtual hell for finding good stuff as it is all run by the state.

Our "collection typically includes 101 and Rare breed, OF 1920, OF Rye, Buffalo, Eagle Rare, Abelour 16, Monkey shoulder, handful of state picks as we can find them, some flavor of 1792, some value Irish, Michters Rye and American Whiskey, and then always trying a few new things as we can find them. (Midwinter Night's Dram, 107, Willet, etc)

Oh and Evan Williams BIB. By far the best sub $20 bourbon we have ever found.

My go to scotch has always been Macallan, but for Whisky it is Pappy Van Winkle's either Rye or Bourbon, a little pricey; my favorite rye at the lower price (but very high quality) is either Redemption or Rittenhouse both pre prohibition style. Great for you heathens like Saskhunter who mix !8 YEAR OLD WITH COKE! I think Rittenhouse can be had around $25 a fifth and is good straight (a little hot), smooths out on the rocks, and this style rye is the foundation of most roaring 20's cocktails, even can be mixed with coke! The Woodinville and Atticus Jones rye's in the back row are also excellent as is a German rye, Eiffel that scored 95 for what that's worth in Whisky world competition, a malted rye that is very smooth as a result.View attachment 169527
I'd have some of those sitting in the gun safe. The last thing you want is to reach for the peanut butter and knock off a bottle of Pappy!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runoutdoors
Back