Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Whisky has no e, for peat's sake!

refuseresist

Any whisky/whiskey fans? I drink a little, but not very frequently so I don't get to try much variety. Big fan of Laphroaig.

At a bar, my go to is rye. Michter's or Templeton.

Anyway... One of my coworkers sent me this for Christmas. It's really good! Quite smooth once it's had time to breathe. The gf hated it as to be expected, but she finished a glass.

CBDF6EFC-AB0C-499A-9060-1381FBFD78E9.jpeg

I was not a huge fan of the Talisker that I tried but can’t remember which one I had. Have had both an 8-year and a 12-year Lagavulin which was incredible. Have tried a good variety of the sub-$60 bottles of scotch due to a family member and I would take turn buying a bottle to try. Normally I go for bourbon though and I think Buffalo Trace is a hard one to beat.

I was not a huge fan of the Talisker that I tried but can’t remember which one I had. Have had both an 8-year and a 12-year Lagavulin which was incredible. Have tried a good variety of the sub-$60 bottles of scotch due to a family member and I would take turn buying a bottle to try. Normally I go for bourbon though and I think Buffalo Trace is a hard one to beat.
What you said.20210110_092943.jpg

Auchentoshan 👌👌

Always need a bottle of macallan at the ready

stranahans sherry cask for domestic single malt

always always have a bottle of laphroaig 10

old pulteney 12, especially for a budget friendly scotch

woodford reserve is the go to bourbon for us

Last edited:
Colonel Taylor and Wyoming Whiskey are my staples! Que Simple Man-Lynard Skynard!!

If you like the Rye, try the High West Distillery ryes out of Salt Lake City. They used to have a pour house (bar) in one of the hole in the wall Delta terminals at SLC.
Maybe they still do, but I avoid both Delta and SLC.

I tried one there years ago that sent me into an OCD deep dive on ryes.

No Eagles Rare fans here?

If you like the Rye, try the High West Distillery ryes out of Salt Lake City. They used to have a pour house (bar) in one of the hole in the wall Delta terminals at SLC.
Maybe they still do, but I avoid both Delta and SLC.

I tried one there years ago that sent me into an OCD deep dive on ryes.

No Eagles Rare fans here?
I like Eagle Rare. My go-to budget bourbon (~$25) is Larceny. Mid-range (~$45) Basil Hayden’s. And if I’m looking to celebrate or splurge (~$80-100), it’s Jefferson’s Ocean or Whistle Pig.

I got this for xmas, I don't really like whiskey but it was good with Coca Cola...

146372-big.jpg

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back