Yeti GOBOX Collection

Which of these rams would you shoot?

View

------------------
"The worst advice you can give a person with a sour attitude is to be himself"
[email protected]

There are 2 in a row and three in a row, and with them looking at me that is hard, in row of three I think #3 is a good ram but can not tell #1 in that row has mass but a tight curle. Now in the 2 sheep row I like # 2 he has lots of cule and it is wide. There is no shot at this point so I would have to let them moev so I could vew them better first and not risk shooting more than one ram. Thats a great picture of my favorite game animal. olefish

The ram on the right of the group of 5. He has a full curl, good mass and secent bases. Even the the one in the back of the group of 5 is tempting I can't see the other side. But the one i picked definitely has more mass.
Chris

------------------
shooter2.gif
deer2.gif

The one on the right, or the one in the back of the first group.

Were was this pic. taken they are close enough to be pets, or I need to get a better zoom on my camera,ok ok my wifes, but she lets me use it sometimes.

John

------------------
"When a man lies he murders some part of the world"

Cliff Burton

the one in the back of the group and the one on the right would get most my attention, both heavy tight full curls, if i had to shoot quickly the one on the right no-doubt!

------------------

fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

Ok, here's the deal. I came across this group of sheep last July while I was scouting for the September season. This picture was taken in the Pecos Wilderness, exact location will be kept confidential.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I took lots of pictures, different angles and this is what I came up with. The ram on the right is the biggest, "Chiphorn," see how the horn drops below the jaw line? He also has good bases, and good mass out to the third quarter.

There is one other ram in this group that is a taker and he is the tight curled ram at the rear of the group of five "Scarface." Pretty original huh? I field judged Scarface to go about 176 B&C and Chiphorn to go about 183 B&C. These are both very nice rams and very handsom trophies. Chiphorn was the ram I had my sights on during the sheep season, but we could never find him again. We covered every inch of this country and never did find him. He just seemed to vanish. My hunter went on to take another ram that was nice, but did not score as well as this dude would have. The good news is that neither of these rams were killed last year and if they survived the winter, will be even nicer this fall! By the way, I sent the pictures to Duncan Gilcrest (he's written lots of books on sheep and judging) and he confirmed my scores. I will post another ram picture shortly that is a little harder to judge.

------------------
"The worst advice you can give a person with a sour attitude is to be himself"
[email protected]

BCA, until I felt I'd seen most of the rams in that unit, I wouldnt shoot any of them. If these were the best rams in the unit, I would take the ram in the back of the group of 5. I just like the looks of that ram over the other 4, I dont really care about the score, I like older sheep 10+ years old and I also like the broomed ones. Great photo.

BCA,what a cool picture. How close were you?
Can I come and do some scouting with you
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Debbie

If i had a tag and had the time even though i have never hunted them or seen one in the wild, I would have to take a look at the back one also.

I would also be looking for broomed tips.

This is out of my league.
smile.gif

------------------
Chambo

gunslinger.gif

IF IT WAS EASY EVERYBODY WOULD BE DOING IT !!!

QUITTERS NEVER WIN AND WINNERS NEVER QUIT
http://www.hunttalk.com

The big boss in the back. He isn't back there by accident. He is higher up the hill than the other four contenders. curl and a quarter, a little flair on the ends of the horns, that guy is a keeper.
cool.gif

------------------
Dan AZ www.huntandlodge.com

Back