Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Where were you 42 years ago Today?

DRAFTSTUD

42 years ago JFK was shot. I was a second grader at Springdale Elementary School in Ft. Worth, TX. Our classes were allowed to go into the auditorium to watch the President on a small B&W TV and then we went back to our classroom. We had not been back in class very long when it was announced that the President and Gov. Connley had been shot. All of the teacher and some kids started crying, I vividly remember a little blond haired girl in a pick check dress came to our door with tears in her eyes and stated "The President has died" she then went to the next class. So where were you? John

I was in an 8th grade science class, when they announced it over the PA system that the president was shot. When I got home from school I learned that he died.
My Dad and I just got back from the rifle range when he learned that Jack Ruby had killed Lee Harvey Oswald. That was on a Sunday, because we went to the range EVERY SUNDAY for a lot of years.

7th Grade English class...our teacher cried. I remember it like it was yesterday. Sad day.

Fishing with dad, I was 8 days from being 1year old.
photo was taken in Chi-Chi Jima Japan.

Del1stfishingtrip.jpg

cool pic delw..................did you ever grow into that head?.....probably didnt walk to you were 3 or 4 with a head like that, kinda like balancing a broom stick in the palm of your hand.

JB...your cold. Or as my son would say when he would see a kid with a big ole noggin like that...How would ya like to have that head full of nickles? Never have to work again.

Home for lunch from 1rst grade in Appleton,MN, heard it on the boob-tube went in the kitchen and remember telling my mom and dad.................

I was in 7th grade music class, which was taught by a tiny, exuberant ,wrinkled little old lady whom we had nicknamed " The Prune"....

HAHAHAHA!!!! You guys are funny.... :D

I was sitting in dirt piles playing with trucks not worring about the outside world in the least... :)

I was also 3-years old, watching a black and white tv in the living room and not really understanding what was going on...

KP

I was 6 years old and in the first grade...I remember the principal Mr. Hanna comming into class and talking to our teacher Mrs. Parks, then she told the class that the pres. had been shot...

Hunterman(Tony)

Sitting in second grade, I still remember thinking "this must be really bad, it has all the adults worried"

Back