Where Ithaca was

Ithaca 37

I notice Paul C and a few others have been concerned about my absence, so I’ll give a quick update: I started a new business Jan. 1 and response has been so overwhelming I had to find and prepare someone to help me with all my new clients. Their businesses have been growing so fast with the help we’ve been giving them that they’ve asked for even more help. It’s a great problem for us all to have, but it’s been hectic.

I also thought it would be good to stop posting and contemplate SI for awhile. Two years ago when I started posting in it the forum was almost completely dead. There was a topic titled something like “Whatever happened to Politics (the former name)” that made me think about the potential of the forum, so I talked to Moosie and told him I’d see if I could stimulate some interest. There’s nothing like a little controversy to draw a crowd and at the time there was hardly anyone posting who would or could defend wildlife habitat, so that became the hook. My original timeline of one year got extended into two.

It amazes me that people who consider themselves outdoor recreationists aren’t more aware of the environmental issues that affect their hunting and fishing. Do they think we have more and better habitat now than we did ten or twenty years ago? Do they think better habitat and less stress on wildlife would lead to better hunting and fishing opportunities, or are they more concerned about never having to get off an ATV? Do they actually think we’ll have better quality hunting if all Roadless and Wilderness areas are open to ORVs?
rolleyes.gif

I had some good laughs when Paul C referred to me as a “weasle” and md4m told Elkgunner he should provide us some “inlightment”. Kids shouldn’t ever be allowed to drop out of grade school. I don’t know what “inlightment” is but, if it takes electricity, breaching the Snake River dams won’t affect the cost.

It’s been pointed out that the problem with the Internet is that it provides the same forum to everyone from the incredibly brilliant to the hopelessly stupid. Most of us are somewhere near the middle, but we certainly have a few of the hopelessly stupid in SI. Fortunately they’ll never amount to squat and others here will actually influence government policies. As they have already.
biggrin.gif

Many others have really come a long way in understanding wildlife habitat issues and that’s great-- makes it all worthwhile to me. Maybe if Bullhound reads Elkgunner’s info about Potlatch’s salmon killing wastewater discharge he’ll get some “inlightment” also . I was hoping someone would explain about Potlatch’s logging practices degrading water quality and ruining spawning beds, too. All their damage certainly doesn’t originate at the mill.

Another reason I stayed away for awhile was to see if Ten Bears, michael, Whitedeer, Paul “weasle” C, md”inlightment”4m, and a few others could contribute anything informative and educational to the Forum instead of just harassing me. Exactly as I thought----- they amounted to zero.
yawn.gif

The best hunters and fishermen are keen evaluators of habitat.

Good luck keeping this place active.! Somebody’s gonna have to put some work into it, and it sure won’t be those losers who wasted so much of our time harassing me. I’m really happy to see the topics that have appeared in my absence. I’ll stop by and take a look infrequently.
wink.gif

And a million heartfelt thanks to all who have jumped into the SI debates and supported me when I was under attack by posters who aren’t even smart enough to realize what’s in the best interests of their long term hunting and fishing opportunities. You guys on the correct side of these issues are terrific! I appreciate everything you’ve contributed very much!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-29-2003 16:49: Message edited by: Ithaca 37 ]</font>

Hey Ithaca i for one missed ya! i don`t mind throwing a little crap your way [just to get your attention] it sound`s like your taking some of this too personnel, hell i don`t trust anyone who agree`s with me 100% of the time [nobody does anyway] but i like all of this disagrement it is healthy, i get to learn from it [we all do] we know your smart as hell [that doesn`t mean your right] anyway i like your post`s, even if i don`t alway`s agree.

It
puke.gif
you really think your all that and a bag of chips
rolleyes.gif

I really don't give a crap what you think I and others contribute. You seem to think that the success of this forum is all because of you
yawn.gif
where would you be if nobody disagreed with you?

Alot of times I do agree with you
eek.gif
and don't feel that I need to tell you
footinmouth.gif
Do you need pats on the back?? I hope not.

when I disagree with you is when I post.

And here all this time I thought you were smart enough to know that
biggrin.gif

Well anywho welcome back from the eco-terrorist camp
wink.gif

want to fight about wolves??
smile.gif

Yep it's all about YOU ITHACA. ROFLMAO

Good luck with your new job .
"I didn't know Amway needed more people of YOUR QUILTY."
You proved us all wrong again. LOL
In the word's of Whitedeer "I hope you dont break your arm patting yourself on the back" LOL
It's a shame your last shoe salesman job thing didnt work out for you, I though you would of played the the "Al Bundy" part pretty well.
wink.gif

Elvis has left the building

The best thing about you Ithaca, is the absolute fact that you can't be gotten along with even when someone thinks you're right.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTP1029
Back