Where do deer poop?

Where do deer poop?

• Near water

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only where I can't see it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thatsjet

Did some scouting today and put up a camera on what appeared to be a well-traveled game trail. Plenty of hoof prints but no scat of any kind. I did find one round black circle on the ground which looks like a rained out pile of something, but no pellets.

It doesn't take a dog with a great nose to find deer poop. Of course if it's fresh,, they will destroy the evidence.

It doesn't take a dog with a great nose to find deer poop. Of course if it's fresh,, they will destroy the evidence.
Like the kids with MY bag of junior mints!
but really from what I’ve seen they are like goats when nature calls they just go...

On the ground, of course!
e522682

Did some scouting today and put up a camera on what appeared to be a well-traveled game trail. Plenty of hoof prints but no scat of any kind. I did find one round black circle on the ground which looks like a rained out pile of something, but no pellets.
Most concentrations of scat are in bedding areas, and feeding areas have a fair amount too, but it tends to be more dispersed. Some trails have relatively free of scat, but I wouldn’t over think it, as there are lots of things that factor into it. I pay attention to how fresh all the sign is (browse, scat, prints, hair, beds, etc), and also try to figure out what time of day and year deer are using a trail and why (water, food, bedding, etc), and which direction they are traveling during both twilight periods.

You really stepped in it with this post. :LOL:

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back