Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

where are you currently from?

Khunter

Not asking for folks to post where they are from here in this thread, but to instead simply add their state to their profile. That way your state is posted with each of your posts, see right side of the post for example. Consider taking a minute and update your location on your profile. For some reason a ton of members on here do not fill in location when signing up, not sure why...

I just think it is interesting to see where all the great info is coming from on HT. A lot of guys from far flung places, which is great. I am a nonresident for most of my hunts so it is never an us vs them thing to me when Folks travel to my state to hunt.

Thanks and you may now carry on with whatever cool/interesting thing you were doing....

Location setting is found/edited under your profile Settings, Account Details screen:

0CFB608C-1DDF-44B0-85F1-4A27565D2AD7.jpeg:

Last edited:
Not asking for folks to post where they are from here in this thread, but to instead simply add their state to their profile. That way your state is posted with each of your posts, see right side of the post for example. Consider taking a minute and update your location on your profile. For some reason a ton of members on here do not fill in location when signing up, not sure why...

I just think it is interesting to see where all the great info is coming from on HT. A lot of guys from far flung places, which is great. I am a nonresident for most of my hunts so it is never an us vs them thing to me when Folks travel to my state to hunt.

Thanks and you may now carry on with whatever cool/interesting thing you were doing....

Location setting is found/edited under your profile Settings, Account Details screen:

View attachment 179657:
With all due respect, it is so easy, maybe not for all of us but for some, to trace posts back to origins.
You never know when you may say something completely innocent that someone takes negatively. ...or someone recognizes a name, face or location.
I quite often state I'm in Oklahoma and I sometimes cringe when I hit the "Post reply" button 😜 wondering if I might he traced.

So, there's my state, but understand others reluctance.

With all due respect, it is so easy, maybe not for all of us but for some, to trace posts back to origins.
You never know when you may say something completely innocent that someone takes negatively. ...or someone recognizes a name, face or location.
I quite often state I'm in Oklahoma and I sometimes cringe when I hit the "Post reply" button 😜 wondering if I might he traced.

So, there's my state, but understand others reluctance.
I think we all understand your reluctance to advertise your Okieness :) . Just kidding lol. But not really. OK is looking better and better every day.

I think we all understand your reluctance to advertise your Okieness :) . Just kidding lol. But not really. OK is looking better and better every day.
I'm Texan by birth, Okie by marriage! LOL!
We moved north in 2002. My hunting buddy neighbor asked, "Where you gonna hunt up there?"
I had no idea! ☹!

I have killed more deer, bigger deer, better bucks than I "EVER" did in Texas!
I got into turkey hunting in Texas. I've had better luck in OK.
Other than the years I hunted with family in Texas, I've enjoyed hunting in OK much more!

Oklahoma is good people....except for OU ; )
If it's "O-U", is that not "Oklahoma University"?
Ask an "OU" student. They attend the "University of Oklahoma"?
Do they have dyslexia?

"OU" (?) is the only school in America that requires 12 hours of "Ego & Arrogance" before receiving your diploma! LOL!

If you can't tell, I'm NOT a fan of OU, or UO, how ever you want to say it!

If I'm a "fan" of a school, it would be Texas A&M.
Has nothing to do with football. It's just a great school.

Q: What do you call an Aggie 5 years after they graduate?
A: "Boss"

That makes it easier to haze all the non residents of the western states when you know where they are from

That makes it easier to haze all the non residents of the western states when you know where they are from
Never took an elk, but I bought a tag.
Bought several mulie tags. Took one.
One 'lope tag in WY.
Took one 'lope! Never been back.

Guess I'm just an old tightwad. I'd rather hunt 10 times in OK for 7 deer than spend all that money and "maybe" kill one elk or mulie.

Look, I don't have a problem with hunting western states, but all you western state residents can kiss my grits.
My whitetail hunting is just as exciting, just as challenging, just as frustrating and sometimes, more rewarding.
Yes sir! We do it a little different, but we're just as much hunter as you are!

At a very young age my father told me "the world is your oyster" and he was right.

But, I was in Arizona when he said that to me.

Grand Canyon, Colorado River, Huge Elk, Coues deer, road runners , Navajo Nation, Linda and Winslow

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back