Where are MT, 1ptr & TNTCB?

we didnt see very any bucks. one was missed, a few got away positioning for a shot but we were only on the island 2 days so bucks came down every day we hunted

Well...it's a different animal and different terrain than you're probably used to...now that you've gotten a taste of it I hope the next round goes your way.

Probably takes one trip to get a feel for it...

3 for 4. i didnt even see a buck that was alive. the weather was great most of our troubles were mechanical failure on the transporters fault.

It seems like you might get a refund for their error and your loss, especially if they promised to take you to the island to hunt and they failed to do it? Did you see any bears or anything else alive?

Maybe tell us who it was. Some of us write them an e-mail, then they decide they better refund some or they will loose lots of business? Who was it? Do they have a web page?

motor wouldnt start,back to shore to get it fixed. out again blown motor 1st day hunting. sat in the lagoon the next day and then paddled ourselves to shore on the last day of the hunt. one of the motors on the big boat wouldnt run headed back in.

Well...I couldn't make much out of that post.

What kinds of gear did you have along that you can recommend? How about tactics? I haven't hunted over there for a couple years.

One of the posts mentioned "moseying" over to a bedded buck. I've had better luck being a tad more stealthy.

Maybe you boys just needed a practice run to sort of figure things out? People underestimate our little Blacktails...

One of the posts mentioned "moseying" over to a bedded buck. I've had better luck being a tad more stealthy.
Thanks for the tip David, I will write that one down. Any more advice for a novice?

I agree with DavidAK, you guys should probably have :

sauntered with furtiveness

or

treaded in a Crafty manner

or

paced in a covertness operation mode

I think you Fuggin Lolly Gaggers could take a lesson in adroitness .....

...............as MtMiller ambled with slyness, his wits were about him, knowing the elusive little Kodiak black tails and their cunning sense of smell and awareness would hastily have him pegged. As he walked in a nippy pace, yet trying to remain with tranquility, he soon realized he was busting through the bushes like an Elephant through the Serengeti Desert. Had he just Headed DavidAK’s advice of promenading stealthy a superior trophy would have met his demise……

Mtmiller having only harvested one or two hundred trophy animals in his life, decides to make a trip to Kodiak Island Alaska with fellow hunters. On the Island, there was known to have the elusive AK Blacktail.

There had been many hunters from around the world spend their life savings and travel to this desolate island in pursuit of this magnificent creature. Many had traveled, many had failed. MtMiller had spent thousands of dollars in Hunting items and Gadgets to help aid in his need for victory over the sneaky AK Blacktail.

After 1 week of broken down boats, bad tides of water, and sub-par company, MtMiller would have to leave the Island with barely his shirt and dignity in hand. With all the preparation, spiritual studying and articles he purchased, he forgot the key ingredient……to be more “Stealthy”.

Moral learned : Don’t "mosey" while chasing AK Blacktail .

Hunters REPORT :

Deer, Also known as (Capreolus capreolus) are very crafty and hard to hunt. Of all the deer the hardest to harvest is the Kodiak blacktail.

Underestimating AK’s little Blacktails is the biggest mistake hunters make when going to Kodiak Island. It’s hard to compare the need for Stealth, ambition, and drive to harvest such a critter. Unlike the “lower 48” Rocky mountain elk, Black bear, Whitetail deer and Mule deer, the AK Blacktails are almost impossible to harvest. The biggest reason, People underestimate their little Blacktails.

Whether your boat is broken down and you can’t hunt ½ the time you’ve planned to hunt is actually irrelative. The KEY to a successful Blacktail hunt is “STEALTH”. There has been hunters that even at 500 yards away closing the Gap to 400 yards accidentally snap a Twig or ruffle a brush and the keen hearing of this Blacktail will disappear into the bushes and never be seen again.

LOL :D :D

What's amazing to me, besides the mileage that Moosie is getting out of this and his new found story telling ability, is that he is spelling most of the words correctly :eek:

Sequel?

........"Spell check" ;)

Gawd DAM I'm having a hard time working I keep thinking of new stories.......

Well...I did read the word "mosey" somewhere, I thought the author was being a bit self-depracating in good humor..and this is from another post "one was missed, a few got away positioning "....

I have seen a lot of folks underestimate the alertness of the blacktails...they're on the roads, in people's yards, standing on the beach when you run the skiff in, etc...often not seeming concerned.

Then you hit the woods with a rifle and all but the does and spikes melt away. The big boys live up where they have a view, and moving air currents to keep 'em informed.

Obviously I was off base, and you guys knew what you were doing...

No offense intended to you, Craig....didn't mean to make a jab. You boys have a good time with this one and I'll bow out. I've an elk hunt to pack for.

Moosie, you should have thrown in "catlike swiftness", it's from an old favorite movie.

"catlike swiftness" that was in a post I made in the Adult section but had not much to do with "Hunting". ...... ;)

....OHH I'm funny, Just ask me :D :D

..............sauntered with furtiveness...................

There for a moment, I thought Moosie was a victim of identity theft. I truly thought somebody had taken his handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oras
Back